First Son
4 posts

Re: Can't Add Funds To My PSN Wallet

Feb 25, 2013

It’s curious how Sony don’t give a **bleep** about this since SOO LONG, I have been buying stuff online, from xboxlive Steam and even from Nintendo without problem. A good friend is going to buy a ps4 for this generation, and truth Sony makes the best hardware and I was tempted for a bit, but considering how more the new gen. will rely in online stuff and Sony costumer service and bs store really I don’t; I stay with a more reliable xbox.

Message 261 of 316 (1,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I've easily cleared $1,000 through PSN with no problems (changed addresses a few times over the past 6 + years I've been using the PS3).  Randomly today I was on my lunch break at work and decided to try their online store to purchase the recently released Dawnguard TES expansion.  It wouldn't let me add funds or purchase it directly.  I figured it was a hiccup with their online store (since I checked my account information and everything was right).

I booted up the PS3 when I got home and, sure enough, it's the same experience.  I went back and re-entered my credentials (made sure the address was right, deleted the card and added it back) and checked my bank account information to make sure there was money and no problems and everything looked okay.  Sort of strange.  It also bothers me that there are countless threads about this dating back years and there's never a clear answer as to what causes the problem or how to fix it.

Interestingly, there were quite a few people who reported the issue using a credit card (Mastercard, Visa and the like) as well as a prepaid PSN card.  Very weird.  My transaction history shows funds being added to the wallet yesterday and a bunch of "missed charges" today (presumably from me trying several times after getting the error).  I want my Vampire/Werewolf skill trees!  

Message 262 of 316 (1,248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Got my new Xperia T 2 days ago and logged into PSM, bought 2 games with no issues. Also bought God of War 2 HD from PSN on my PS3 without any issues. 

Tried to buy another 2 games on PSM today and getting error code 80080023 which isn't listed at all, guessing similar to previous code where people can't buy anything.

Also tried to just add funds via web and says can't be completed. Tried to buy a PS One classic via web and also via PSN on my PS3 but once again its a no go.

Tried doing what everyone else has, delete address & card then re enter everything but no luck. Really weird this, will wait till Monday then try giving support a call once kids go to school. No reason that it was working fine and now its just messed up for no apparent reason.

Message 263 of 316 (1,153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Ok so obviously many people are having this issue but is Sony ever going to fix it?

I've used my debit card for years on PSN with no problems but now it won't let me add funds.  I just updated my billing info and it keeps saying my credit card # is incorrect but I know I'm entering it correctly.  It just will no longer accept this card anymore so I guess Sony won't be getting any more of my money.  Too bad 'cause I was hoping to take advantage of the $10 for every $50 spent deal.  Smiley Sad

Message 264 of 316 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Having the same problem as listed above. Called support, and of course it wasn't their fault, it was my banks, naturally. When I finally got fed up with it and went on a 20 minute drive to go buy 3 $20 PSN cards, I get back home to find out it's the same **bleep** problem. Enter a card number "an error has occured" re-enter and try again "an error has occured". I was frustrated when  my CC wasn't being accepted for no reason, but now I've went and spent cash on 3 peices of cardboard that do absoloutely nothing. Is this also my bank's fault? I really can't help but feel likeI was robbed in this situation.

Message 265 of 316 (1,133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Yeah im trying to buy Saints Row The Third The Full Package but cant because when i try to add funds it says i cant!!! Or just with automatic funding it says an error has occurred!! Come on Sony **bleep** are you doing!
Message 266 of 316 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 17, 2013
OK I'll wait 2 more days...but if this is still going on...I'm going back to my Xbox! Never thought i would say that but if PlayStation wont deliver my wants then Microsoft will.
Message 267 of 316 (1,038 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Well at least it's nice to know I'm not the only one having this issue, I wanted to buy the walking dead survival insticts game last night and i got an error message saying i couldn't add funds. I called my bank and was told they could see my attempted transactions but that for whatever reason Sony was asking for payment and than immediately refusing it.

This is obviously an issue on Sony's part. I than made the mistake of trying to talk to customer support but was given the usual run around (is it connected to the internet, is the information correct, etc.)

What's more annoying is that I've used this card before on psn, Febuary 21 to be exact and had no issues. I haven't gone to buy anything since than and when i did i was confronted with this **bleep**. I assume no one has any fixes so I'm just wondering does waiting it out work at all?

Message 268 of 316 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Trying to make my first purchase on the PSN--and I'm greeted with this idiocy.  3 credit cards I tried, same problem--and one of them is a Sony Rewards Visa!!!

Obviously this problem has been going on for years, and Sony has yet to address it.  Their customer service can't be bothered to comment.  They shouldn't be surprised that they're losing customers--and I may add myself to that category.  Already thinking about ditching my new PS3...

Message 269 of 316 (981 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 24, 2013

does it work

let me try

if it works i will reply

Message 270 of 316 (959 Views)
0 Likes