Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Can't Add Funds To My PSN Wallet

Sep 23, 2012

Sony doesn't care about you.  They probably still got the funds from your credit card.  I would certainly check with your bank to be sure they are not charging you and not giving you credit.

PSN Cards are a crap shoot as well.  I do not like giving CC info over the web, so I thought using the Cards would be preferable.  Turns out, if you buy a Card and don't use it the moment you get home, it goes bad.  Technically, it gets stolen, and Sony tells you to pound sand.... Its not their problem.  Of course its not, Sony has gotten their money from the transaction.  It is up to you to get a refund from some un willing store like Game Stop.  Don't get me started on them.

I will never do this, because those who use them are scum, but.... Do a little research.  I did, when my code was stolen out from under me and Sony told be to beat it.  Playstation Network Code Generators.  Have fun people, Sony apparently doesn't care if people are using them.

Don't EVER give Sony your credit card information, unless you want to be robbed.  Remember, Sony was hacked and vital information for millions of people was compromised.  Sony is quickly on its way to losing my patronage, and I will encourage all those who will listen to heed my warning.  Playstation Network is a sieve, and you WILL be ripped off, it is only a matter of time.

Message 231 of 316 (3,011 Views)
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Daily bump until this is resolved or even acknowledged as a big problem by anyone at Sony.

Message 232 of 316 (2,986 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Sep 24, 2012

What exactly is a "daily bump"?  Regardless, I am surprised the resident swabs haven't weighed in on you yet.  There are certain forum members who like to bash on anyone who talks bad about their binki "PSN". 

These individuals will tell you, its your fault, you are the issue and to stop bad mouthing PSN.  They might Ban you, ooooooohhhhhhh.  Uh oh, here they come, shhhhhhhh.  I wasn't here, I didn't say anything.   :-o

Message 233 of 316 (2,975 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I have made so many calls to sony's "help" line I am ready to give up. One "helpdesk" person even told me there is a 1-800 number to call if I need technical help. I was excited. Give me the number I said. She said 800-345-7669 (1-800-SONY). I tried to calmly explain to her that that was the number I called and got connected to her.  Oh, she said.

The only reason i have any playstation plus memberships is so i can save those "protected" save saves that cannot be copied to a flash drive. i will download them to my other ps3 consoles so at least the progress at that point can be saved in case a console dies. No more purchased games from me SONY. I am not going to risk not having a game work because a Plus membership has lapsed because of YOUR credit card processinbg failure. Not going to risk having a game not work because the "owner" of the game is not "authorized" on that console. DISC based games for me. Games that I own and anyone can play.

Is sony having security issues again they do not want to admit to??? Who out there thinks that deleting your credit card info off your ps3 console or via pc actually removes all traces of it from sony's computers???

Message 234 of 316 (2,942 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Ok--don't know if this will help anyone but I hope so.  I too have been trying to get this problem resolved.  I've had the same credit card on my account for over a year with no problems and then tried to purchase a game on 09/09 and received message "unable to add funds to wallet".  I've been trying every since to get resolved.  I've called customer service as well as several emails but kept receiving same scripted responses.  It was obvious that there was either no understanding of what I was saying or unfortunately no interest.  I work in financial industry and understand credit card transaction clearings.  As others have said, I tried multiple cards, verified addresses, and spoke with card issuers.  When cards added there was $1 authorization hold which means info is CORRECT & VALID but there was no record of future attempts for authorization.  This means PSN is not communicating with card issuer PERIOD.

Anyway after reading several posts in this forum, I started experimenting with my address.  First I removed the extended 4-digit zip and then I removed my street number.  My street is "County Road 316"; it is not an apartment number but the name of my street.  I just put my house number and "County Road" (leaving off which county road).  IT WORKED!

I read several posts where others kept changing their address.  It seems that any numbers other than house numbers aren't accepted.

Message 235 of 316 (2,925 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I keep saying it, but it is true. 1-800-345-SONY, is a waste of time, and they are paid to mock you.  This line is not for customer resolutions.  It is in place to have a voice tell you exactly what the Tech Support Online, and Customer Service Online will tell you.

"I am sorry to hear you are having problems.  We have no resolution for this at this time.  Try and spend more money, maybe that will work.  Thank you for your money, we do not refund anything, we don't care if you are telling the truth.  Have a nice Day.  Oh, and go spend more money on Sony : )"

Just saying, you are wasting your breath unfortunately.  

Moble

Message 236 of 316 (2,915 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Sep 26, 2012

went over to a friends house yesterday and asked him to try and fund his wallet. He said why?? said he bought something back in July and it worked OK. Just try putting $5 on your wallet i say. as expected (by me) the response was - "credit card info not valid-check your entries carefully".  he also tried on his "smart" phone going through At&t phone network. Same response.

So my question for everyone is what kind of asecurity issue  is SONY having that they are not admitting to???

Message 237 of 316 (2,890 Views)
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Sony, if street numbers are no longer accepted, despite the street number being in the billing statement, then say so.

If your official position is "Put the same billing address as the one on your Statement", but unofficially your system is just doing random **bleep** with the addresses and trolling your customers, admit it.

We want to spend money and buy games/dlc. Stop screwing with us and answer us.

Message 238 of 316 (2,862 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6855 posts

Sep 27, 2012

rmahaffey2 wrote:

went over to a friends house yesterday and asked him to try and fund his wallet. He said why?? said he bought something back in July and it worked OK. Just try putting $5 on your wallet i say. as expected (by me) the response was - "credit card info not valid-check your entries carefully".  he also tried on his "smart" phone going through At&t phone network. Same response.

So my question for everyone is what kind of asecurity issue  is SONY having that they are not admitting to???

You seem to be implying that the funding doesn't work at all anymore, but that's not the case.  Certain people have always had issues with their credit cards/addresses.  I'm not sure about your friend's situation, but perhaps one of those changed.  For me it has always worked and I used it just 2 days ago.

Message 239 of 316 (2,851 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Glad it is still working for you. My complaint is - along with others- is that it used to work fine. My various plus accounts all have had cc info on file and used on a regular basis for 1 to 2 years depending on the user name. I purchased various items on them as recently as june 2012 and july 2012. did not even realize there was a problem until i tried to buy an add on for one of the games in august 2012. As started earlier - I have 7 different psn plus accounts. 7 different ps3 consoles. 7 different credit cards. tried funding on the console and computer. no luck. tried every "suggestion" sony had. Tried going outside my network and used another computer at the mentioned friends house. no luck. Also- as stated earlier- at least 2 "supervisors" at sony told me that they are aware of the problem- don't know why it happens to some users sometimes- and my real issue is when they tell me that they don't know if it can or WILL be fixed.

Message 240 of 316 (2,836 Views)