Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: Can't Add Funds To My PSN Wallet

Apr 2, 2011

I just got my PS3 about a month and a half ago. This is my first time trying to buy something off of the psn store. I'm having the same problem and tried to research it all night, but nothing works. I know my address, I checked the address on file for my Visa Debit Card and it's completely accurate to what I push in to add funds and update billing address, still doesn't work. I even tried my address without the apartment number (even though I live on a trailer lot). I tried this on both the pc and the ps3. This card works EVERYWHERE else (amazon, ebay, xbox 360, blockbuster online ect.). I really dont want to go and buy psn cards (I live about 20-30 mins away from a store that would carry them). I'll keep trying, because there are some ps classics that I would like to reclaim to play on the ps3.

Message 61 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 3, 2011

Same here, I call sony playstation and they just say to use another card or prepayed card. I write textually the info that my credit card have on their computer and no luck.

Message 62 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 3, 2011

Found a work around of buying through their PC store software "Media Go". My wife was getting the

error 80023102/3 when trying to add a PSN card and cannot add funds when using one of our credit cards, but on the first try with Media Go it added both cards.

It's sad that we have to do a work around, but just buy it on Media Go for now then look at your download list on PSN on your PS3 and it'll be there. At least is was for me.

Hope this helps until they finally decide to fix it.

Message 63 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 3, 2011

Wow, Sony...  You've spent months and months trying to convince me to go with Playstation + and finally today I gave in because the online saves feature is so good.  And what happens?  I get the dreaded "Can't Add Funds to MY PSN Wallet" error.  I tried 6 times but, no joy.  I just got off the phone with my credit card company and there is no problem on their side.  I used my credit card today for something else too.  And yes, I've purchased many things on PSN before with the same credit card. 

How many $50 losses can you take, Sony?  Even if it eventually works, what would your finance guys say to losing that $50 for a few days?  Come on and fix this. 

Message 64 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 3, 2011

I have had the same problem. Only use the first address line. I put my apartment number in the second address line and I was unable to add funds to my wallet. When I use the first address line only it works. Give it a try. I hope it works for you guys.

Message 65 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 12, 2011

I'm having the same problem:  I cannot get either my account or Media Go to let me add funds to my wallet.

First the problem was with the card, but that turned out to be they want all address info on line 1.  Why they give us three address lines AND don't tell us to only use line one is beyond me, but after an hour of googling I solved that problem.  Great, so my card is okay.

But then I go to add funds and it fails, every time.  I use this credit card on Amazon, to pay bills, in stores, everywhere. ZERO problems, except on PSN.

Sony, please fix this.  We shouldn't have to beg you to let us spend money with you.  I'm getting close to just giving up.

Message 66 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Ya what the hell sony? I've been trying to add a psn card to my account for 2 days and it DOESN'T WORK. A useless damn message stating "The funds could not be added to the wallet." Can you get less helpful than that? It doesn't even tell you WHY it can't be added. Also support is useless, I haven't even gotten a response yet from them. Don't you want our money?

Message 67 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Well how many topics do you need sony and how many pages of unhappy poeple that buy your products do you need to do some work and figure this out.

Message 68 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I'm having this problem too. wtf? Does Sony look here? If so, FIX THIS NOW. I mean what the hell? Don't they want our money? I've never had this much of a hassle trying to buy something. Why do they even make us do that stupid wallet thing? I just want to charge my card and be done with it. Sony should take notes from Steam. They know how to do this stuff correctly

Message 69 of 316 (2,519 Views)
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Apr 19, 2011

The problems with the 3 digit code on back of the cc... I've had to try different cards until it went through...

This is a problem on Sonys end, not with your cc

Message 70 of 316 (2,519 Views)
0 Likes