Jul 26 2011
By: therockiswwf First Son 17 posts

Can one of my friends sign on to my account and download content for me, even if I don't have internet connection?

2 replies 533 views Edited Jul 26, 2011

Sorry if the title isn't very clear, I had no idea how to ask this.

So basically I can't connect to the internet with my PS3. I bought a game (mass effect 2) that gave me a promo code and I redeamed on my computer, but I can't access because my PS3 can't connect to the internet. So my question is, if I give my mass effect 2 game to my friend can he download the stuff for me? If yes, will I need an internet connection to use the downloaded stuff?

How long it took me to get the internet to work on my devices.
Itouch - 2 years
PSP - 3 years
Ps3 - I don't want to talk about it
Wii - 5 minutes
Message 1 of 3 (533 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30147 posts

Re: Can one of my friends sign on to my account and download content for me, even if I don't have internet connection?

Jul 27, 2011

If you are suggesting that your friend could download the DLC to his PS3, and then give it to you to install on your PS3; then no, that won't work for a couple of reasons.  For one, the license file that is downloaded with the DLC will be generated for his PS3, and won't work on yours.  For another, you can't copy DLC to a USB storage device in order to transfer it to another PS3 anyway. 

You might try taking your PS3 to your friend's house, and trying to get it to connect to the Internet there.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
92 posts

Re: Can one of my friends sign on to my account and download content for me, even if I don't have internet connection?

Jul 28, 2011

Check your router settings, it shouldn't take longer than 2 min. to get the PS3 connected (unless your internet is really slow then you'll run into issues). Anyways, just as gkpama00 said you'll need to take YOUR PS3 and game(s) to your friends house and borrow the internet to download everything onto YOUR PS3. There's no way around it.

Message 3 of 3 (533 Views)
0 Likes