Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 12 2012
By: n64ra First Son 9 posts

Can not re-download purchased video

3 replies 105 views Edited Aug 12, 2012

I purchased 4 videos from PSN on June 4, 2011. When I log into PSN now, I cannot re-download them. PSN says I need to re-purchase them. How do I get PSN to realize these are the same videos I've already purchased?

This is the same account from which they were originally purchased. I can even see them listed in the Transaction History. This is the same PS3 that they were originally downloaded on. The difference is that the hard drive has been formatted because the PS3 was sent into service to replace the blu ray drive. I have also successfully activated video from the PS3.

Message 1 of 4 (105 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29653 posts

Re: Can not re-download purchased video

Aug 12, 2012

n64ra wrote:

I purchased 4 videos from PSN on June 4, 2011. When I log into PSN now, I cannot re-download them. PSN says I need to re-purchase them. How do I get PSN to realize these are the same videos I've already purchased?

This is the same account from which they were originally purchased. I can even see them listed in the Transaction History. This is the same PS3 that they were originally downloaded on. The difference is that the hard drive has been formatted because the PS3 was sent into service to replace the blu ray drive. I have also successfully activated video from the PS3.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You're having this issue because you reformatted your HDD, videos can only be downloaded once, they cannot be re-downloaded again.

Having said that if you contact Sony customer support (see bottom of page) they just may be somewhat sympathetic to you, but don't hold your breath.

Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 12, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You're having this issue because you reformatted your HDD, videos can only be downloaded once, they cannot be re-downloaded again.

Having said that if you contact Sony customer support (see bottom of page) they just may be somewhat sympathetic to you, but don't hold your breath.

Hi!

Actually, I did not format the HDD. Sony did as part of the 'replace the broken blu ray drive' fix. If it was up to me, I would have left the HDD as was. I will call Sony about this. I will be rather unhappy if I have to pay to download video, pay to fix a broken drive, then have to pay to re-download the same video!

Thanks for the info. But then what is the point of the activate / deactivate video? If you can only download it once, there should be no need for a video deactivation.

Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Aug 12, 2012

In this case  you would just call Tech support to have them allow a redownload of the movies since you did send it in to them for service.

The digital rights managment act for different content is the whole reason you can't just redownload movies you purchased.

Message 4 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes