Jan 23 2011
By: headshrinker_MG First Son 2 posts

Can anyone please help me with PSNetwork error 80028ED6??

2 replies 295 views Edited Jan 23, 2011

Hey I'm brand new to the forums so hopefully I'm doing this in the right place. Also I went to support and entered the error code in the "error code search" but I don't know something doesn't load properly and I get no answer so I've already tried that unfortunately.

I just got a new ps3 for christmas my old one broke some time ago and already every time I try to play NHL11 online it signs me out of the ps network after about 10 seconds. I get this probably 90% of the time I've been able to play online like 2 or 3 times. I used to get this with my old system but never as bad as this, it's incredibly frustrating.

I am using wireless so I don't know if this is part of the problem or what. I don't know much about routers. I don't have problems getting signed out anywhere else though in the store or anything only when I try to play online. I used to think it was something to do with my sister's computer whenever she was connected to wireless I thought that's when it would happen but I don't think that's the actual problem. Also when my portable phones ring it used to sign me out, but I don't think that's the problem either.

All my old theories seem not to be the reason. If anyone knows anything about this error code or can help me out at all it'd be reaeeally appreciated!!

Message 1 of 3 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Can anyone please help me with PSNetwork error 80028ED6??

Jan 24, 2011

Okay so I guess no one seems to know much about this?? A software update for the game (NHL11) came out today and after installing finally it's working again. So it seems that whenever there is an update it starts working and stops signing me out all the time for awhile again.

I actually read something about that a few months ago that PSN Error 80028ED6 was related to it thinking you don't have the latest tuner set or latest software downloaded or something somehow, but it does't really help me out very much cuz I still don't know how to fix it.

And so after a few days I'm stuck in the same situation again until another update comes out a few weeks later.

Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: Can anyone please help me with PSNetwork error 80028ED6??

Jan 24, 2011

Hey headshrinker,

The 80028ED6 error code means, an issue connecting to patch server. When an online game title is booted, the PS3 system connects to the patch server and sees if a new patch for the title has been released. If the connection fails, the PS3 will sign you out from the PlayStation Network.

Try This:
- Exit and attempt to load the online title again.
- If the online title does not launch, try connecting at a later time.

I got this information from the PlayStation Network 800 error code reader. My only other suggestion for this issue would be to contact SONY tech support at (800) 345-7669 and see if they have new details or better information that may help solve the issue. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3 (295 Views)
0 Likes