Nov 27 2013
By: rjohnson1990 First Son 13 posts

Can I add a current PSN account as my sub-account?

6 replies 163 views Edited Nov 27, 2013

Hello,

This is my first time posting on the PlayStation® forums. I have recently set up a PSN account for my step-daughter. Is it possible to add it under mine as a sub-account?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24622 posts

Message 2 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Can I add a current PSN account as my sub-account?

Nov 28, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for the response but this is not exactly what I need. This video tells me how to create a new sub-account under my master account.

What I was wondering is if it's possible to transfer my step-daughters account to a sub-account under my master account? I didn't know about sub-accounts so I ended up setting her account up as a master account using my birth date. Now that I know about sub-accounts, I would like to have it under my master account. Is this possible?

Message 3 of 7 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28159 posts

Nov 28, 2013

No.  It is not possible.  A master account cannot be made a sub-account, and a sub-account cannot be made a master account.  They are different account types, and there is no conversion function.

GKP
Message 4 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible somehow to email Sony about this and see if they can do anything?

Message 5 of 7 (142 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28159 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Sony does not provide support by e-mail anymore, but you would be wasting your time.  Sony wouldn't do what you want for legal reasons alone, even if it were somehow technically possible. I still don't understand why you didn't just enter your daughter's correct date of birth.  Unless she was under 13, in which case she wasn't allowed to use PSN at all, then a sub-account would have been created automatically if you did that.  There was no need for you to know about it.  All you had to do was provide accurate registration information.

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 28, 2013

My step-daughter is 10 and I did not know about sub-accounts until a couple days ago. When I registered, I had to use my birth date so she could have her own account because I don't want her playing games online under my name and having all these people trying to add my account.

According to the video in the link above, you can be under 13 years old and have a PSN account but it must be a sub-account which like I said, I did not know about until a couple days ago. I have never seen anything about sub-accounts before.

Message 7 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes