Dec 4, 2010

OMG! PSP IS THE BEST! THANK YOU!

Message 212 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: :( CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - HELP!!!

Dec 8, 2010
Did everything I could think of.. still no luck. Emailed support and got a generic generated reply.

Anyone know what to do?
Message 213 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Dec 10, 2010

I am in the same boat as everyone posting this problem; I've tried it for months now with a Visa that had worked fine for a year prior.  Unfortunately I have no helpful fixes or even things to try that have not been listed dozens of times on these for forums.  I just want to say that I had a line, and Sony has crossed it.  No more money from me for you Sony OR affiliated game designers.  I will play what I have, read, sleep in longer or find games on systems that work.  As is seems that you don't need me Sony, I in turn do not need you.  I am only one person, but I sincerely hope that the thousands of others that seem to have these issues take up my same view and put a nice little dent in Sony's wallet.  And while you are at it....put a damn APO/FPO/etc.. listing on your address boxes, not all US players play or stay in the U.S.A all the time.

Sony, if you actually read these forums, put your skills back into the quality we used to see in the 90s when we all fell in love with your system in the first place.

Message 214 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Dec 11, 2010
Sounds like alot of people are running into the "invalid card" message. I was planning to buy Madden 11 and when I wanted to load up my PSN wallet, I keep getting the "invalid card" message.

I went to Target and bought a $20 PSN card. I redeemed it and works fine. However, I still need $5 to buy the game. I didnt want to buy another $20 or $50 card because I dont need that much extra funds in the wallet.

I've tried just loading $5 from the website and Media Go, but it's a no go on both ends.

This sucks because I was looking forward on gaming some Madden on my train ride to work.

This really blows.
Message 215 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 15, 2010
I am having the same issue. I have tried putting in my address 5 different ways (IE Spelling out road instead of RD etc.). I am sick of trying so I will take my money and spend it with Sony's competitor...Microsoft. They take my money/debit card just fine. I am done trying to get this to work. There is no excuse for this. Sad when you have to invest time and work to spend your hard earned money...so I will spend it elsewhere. I would suggest others do the same.
Message 216 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Dec 15, 2010

I had the same problem back in October but I got it to work.

When you update your credit card info and save it, make sure the next screen you see says "Update successful". If it says invalid info, your account could be locked out for 24hours. Wait a day and try again. Enter your info as it appears on your statement.

Wait 1 week. DO NOT attempt to buy something or add funds to your wallet during this time.  Sony will test your card by putting a $1.00 temporary hold on funds. It needs to clear and get released before PSN will let you use the card.

This method worked for me and my friends.

Message 217 of 309 (373 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Dec 15, 2010

Hmm, i suppose this is a common issue. I had no problems with my card until yesterday, and now it's saying"invalid, can not add funds to wallet"

I know my card is fine since it was already stored in the system and i made a purchase two days ago.It says update successful, it asks me how much i want to add(which won't happen if my card is entered invalid). I suppose i'll need to get a psn card, but i sure as heck don't want to lol. Oh well, if i can't buy something i guess that's Sony's problem.

Message 218 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Dec 15, 2010

Omunall wrote: It says update successful, it asks me how much i want to add(which won't happen if my card is entered invalid)

Did you wait a week after it said update successful before trying to buy something? If not, then it won't work. You have to give it time to verify your card. In my case, a week. I have no issues anymore.
Message 219 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 15, 2010

No, it happened last night. I'll update the card once more to put it up and leave it there. Does it have to stay on file for the week?

Message 220 of 309 (373 Views)
0 Likes