Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2013
By: Hootie985 First Son 5 posts

COD BO II - Probation Message

5 replies 964 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

I'm having an extremely hard time staying connected to the PSN/COD servers.  It usually boots me out of every other game, enough times that it warranted in triggering a "Probation Message" tonight, warning me to complete my multiplayer games or I will have my account suspended.

I'm using a RCA modem and Linksys WRT54G router to connect wirelessly to two PS3's, 15" MacBook Pro, Toshiba Satellite laptop, iPhone 4s (Apple)/5 (Verizon), and iPad 3rd Gen WiFi.

I do know that when either one or both PS3's are on, none of the apple products can connect wirelessly.  I even experience exreme difficulty in getting both PS3's to be signed onto the PSN at the same time.  I read somewhere that "uPNP" should be disabled, and I've done that.  But I don't know what else to do.

Can anyone offer suggestions or websites & PDF's to read/research?  How do I let the PSN know that I'm not deliberately leaving multiplayer games?  I've only owned a PS3 for 2 months and I want to avoid any suspension.

Message 1 of 6 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Re: COD BO II - Probation Message

Feb 1, 2013

Hootie985 wrote:

I'm having an extremely hard time staying connected to the PSN/COD servers.  It usually boots me out of every other game, enough times that it warranted in triggering a "Probation Message" tonight, warning me to complete my multiplayer games or I will have my account suspended.

I'm using a RCA modem and Linksys WRT54G router to connect wirelessly to two PS3's, 15" MacBook Pro, Toshiba Satellite laptop, iPhone 4s (Apple)/5 (Verizon), and iPad 3rd Gen WiFi.

I do know that when either one or both PS3's are on, none of the apple products can connect wirelessly.  I even experience exreme difficulty in getting both PS3's to be signed onto the PSN at the same time.  I read somewhere that "uPNP" should be disabled, and I've done that.  But I don't know what else to do.

Can anyone offer suggestions or websites & PDF's to read/research?  How do I let the PSN know that I'm not deliberately leaving multiplayer games?  I've only owned a PS3 for 2 months and I want to avoid any suspension.

Well, in terms of setting up your network you'll either need to manually forward the ports required, enable UPnP on your router and PS3, or set up DMZ for one PS3 (via a static IP). On another note, you cannot let PSN (or your your case, COD) servers know you aren't deliberately quitting a match. This is purely to prevent user exploitation, since users would simply disconnect their internet connection to rage quit and not be penalized. If setting up UPnP or DMZ don't solve your problem, you can try changing your wireless channel, or moving your PS3 closer to your wireless router (or move your wirelss router closer to your PS3) if all else fails, go wired and see if you incur the same issue.

Message 2 of 6 (935 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Thanks for the reply - I haven't had any luck.

The router is maybe 15ft away from my PS3, 1ft away from my roommates' PS3 (we both experience the same problem).  I did try wiring my PS3 to the router, however, the problem still persisted.  I switched the WiFi channel to one that no one else was using.  For every game I started or joined in the middle, I was kicked out of the next 10 games after sitting through 5 minutes of probation each time I logged in, wanting to start Team Death Match.

Since then, it's been a bit of a mess.

1) I visited Comcast to get a new modem.  However, when I called to setup the modem, they couldn't connect it from their HQ and proceded to set me up with a technician.

2) Technician came out to my apartment, tested my internet lines & modem and every thing came out 100% perfect.  He even assured me that my router (which is 5-6 years old per my roommate) is the problem and that he'd "bet his job on it".  Apparently, the only problem in the entire 8-building apartment complex is my apartment's internet connection.  Ok, sounds plausible - I'm fairly good with computers, however internet connection is not my forte.

3) Tonight, I went to Best Buy and bought the "best router money could buy", the Netgear R6300.  The BB rep told me that it was going to be more machine than I would need, however, I wanted to put this issue to rest.   BUT after setup, I'm still getting the SAME PROBLEM: Lost internet connection / lost connection to the host / I've been signed out of the PS network / kicked off of COD servers, etc.  Even when there's only the PS3 connected wirelessly, it goes out.  I haven't lost my internet signal when I'm not playing PS3 online.

One thing to note, after getting kicked off the PSN and the COD servers, I lose internet connection in my entire apartment, for every device for about 1-2 minutes.  It's almost as if something needs to reboot.

What I don't understand is 1) why am I still getting kicked out of the PSN/COD servers, and 2) why do I lose internet throughout my entire apartment after doing so?  I'm almost to the point of paranoia, and either Comcast is sick of my data usage and cutting me off or my neighbors are sick of hearing COD through the walls and have some kind of hacking device/internet blocking signal.  

I just don't know what to do anymore and I'm a little bit cynical. 

Message 3 of 6 (868 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 5, 2013

IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY AGAINST YOU!!! LOL. Sounds like you've got a serious problem on you hands, hope it all works out.

Message 4 of 6 (855 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Looks like a new modem fixed my internet issues.  But thank you for offering support!

Message 5 of 6 (805 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 24, 2013
This probation **bleep** is dumb.i could see if the game was playing flawless. The game frozen up on me 2 times and I had to turn off the playstation to get it restarted and when u connected u are put in the middle of a game or the game is over what the hell makes u think I want to stay in that room. please do not mess up the game or the system with this stupid probation stuff it is very dumb not everybody u are going to be able to controll what everyone does.please fix this **bleep**
Message 6 of 6 (577 Views)
0 Likes