Nov 17 2013
By: Shadestride First Son 2 posts

CIBC Debit VISA not allowed?

6 replies 594 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

I'm entering in my Debit Visa from CIBC but it's telling me the number is wrong. It is clearly correct and valid until DECEMBER 2015. I would like to do 2 things.

1. Take advantage of the free 30 days of PS Plus but cannot until...

2. I add a Visa or Mastercard on file and it is clearly listed that debit VISA cards should be acceptable. 

Someone please help?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Re: CIBC Debit VISA not allowed?

Nov 17, 2013
Your card and bank should support AVS (Address Verification System) for them to work on the PSN. Also, the address you enter must match exactly with what your bank has registered.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Also, I don't think you need a card registered to get the free 30 days of PS+. I assume you're referring to the free 30 days that come with the PS4. There's a voucher that comes with the PS4 with a code that you can redeem to get this offer. Just go the Store on your PS4/PC and redeem it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (589 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I have gone to redeem the code but an message follows that reads, and I quote: "To use this product, you must first save your credit card information with your account. Do you want to save your credit card information?" Yes or No, If I chose yes and enter my information, it's the card number that comes up as being incorrect, however, I am making sure (making sure I'm not senile or anything too) that all number are being added in correctly.

If I choose NO, then the code is not redeemed.

Also, from the PSN official TERMS & AGREEMEMTS for the 30 day trial included with my new PS4, another quote: "NOTE: A credit/debit card is required to redeem this voucher. You will not be charged during the trial period. At the end of the trial, your subscription will automatically renew into a 90 day membershipwhere you will be charged. You may cancel your 30 day trial at any time."

Voila. Seems a bit strange to me that the PSN would require a credit/debit card on file.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Nov 17, 2013
It's not strange at all. Most online services do the same thing for free trials.

It's so that you can get charged automatically. A lot of people who aren't used to that tactic fall prey to the companies and get charged sometimes repeatedly.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (570 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I got the same problem. I call CIBC and they said the problem is not from CIBC. Its from PSN

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (548 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

Cibc states they DO have AVS..

when i try to add my visa debit card it says "Please enter a valid credit card number"

it works just about everywhere else including XBOX Marketplace,

was testing it before i decided weather to go xbox ONE or ps4... 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (527 Views)
0 Likes