Nov 19 2012
By: pixelcowboy First Son 7 posts

Brave 3d rental

3 replies 178 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

I rented Brave 3d through the playstation network. The left eye is incorrectly encoded or something, and the playback stutters. Given that this is a 3d film it makes it impossible to watch. I regularly watch 3d blu rays on my ps3 without any problems, so I was surprised. I have contacted support but they just told me that they don't issue refunds. Just got taken for $8 bucks by Sony, but guess what, I won't be spending a single dollar more on your systems or games. What horrible service.

Message 1 of 4 (178 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40512 posts

Re: Brave 3d rental

Nov 19, 2012

pixelcowboy wrote:

I rented Brave 3d through the playstation network. The left eye is incorrectly encoded or something, and the playback stutters. Given that this is a 3d film it makes it impossible to watch. I regularly watch 3d blu rays on my ps3 without any problems, so I was surprised. I have contacted support but they just told me that they don't issue refunds. Just got taken for $8 bucks by Sony, but guess what, I won't be spending a single dollar more on your systems or games. What horrible service.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

It's unfortunate that the game you rented did not work as specified, it is also & perhaps more unfortunate that you did not get the answer you wanted from Sony customr support.

You could try contacting Sony again & ask to speak to someone else, it's true that Sony has a no refund policy for all purchases from the store, but is's also possible that a different person may be more sympathetic to you.

You could just ask them to give you a one-time only re-download of the movie, I see no harm in them doing that for you at all.

Good luck.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 4 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Nov 19, 2012

They said that they would give me a re download, but I don't see how that would help since the file itself seems to be the problem. Regardless, that night I really wanted to watch that movie, and I have the original ps3 which has a super slow wifi, so I just rented it from somewhere else. To be honest, if I have to wait two days to see a movie I don't understand what the convenience of an online movie service is, and in this case it just failed to live to  expectations, and I just got horrible service. Just to make it clear, this wasn't a streaming movie, it was an actual downloaded movie. I guess I just wanted to post here to see if anyone has actually seen this particular movie as a psn download, as I'm pretty sure there is something wrong in the enconding, as it always plays the same (left eye is slown down in the same moments).

Message 3 of 4 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

This is a demonstration video of what the problem is, please watch it in HD:

http://youtu.be/sTxWKWe_Hiw

Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)
0 Likes