Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 14 2012
By: Im_A_Hobbit First Son 5 posts

Bought and Downloaded Random game by accident, wonder if i can get a refund?

9 replies 302 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

I was going to download  and buy Call of Duty Black ops 2 off of playstation Store but i thought i found it, once i saw it i downloaded it, after that when it was downloading i realized that i had downloaded the wrong game.  I acciddently downloaded it, i have not played it yet.  i dowloaded it for playstaion Vita. i dont even have a Playstation vita. and i was wondering if i could get a refund and delete the game?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (302 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17354 posts

Message 2 of 10 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Bought and Downloaded Random game by accident, wonder if i can get a refund?

Nov 14, 2012

See, accidents are happening on the new store. The store lay out, just sucks. I had kinda of the same problem when buying an avatar yesterday. Very dumb move with this store.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11165 posts

Re: Bought and Downloaded Random game by accident, wonder if i can get a refund?

Nov 14, 2012
Hahaha someone not checking out what they're buying is the stores fault?

Anyways, Sony has a no refund policy. You could try calling them and hoping your pleas fall upon sympathetic ears, but don't get your hopes up.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (284 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 14, 2012

johngie wrote:
Hahaha someone not checking out what they're buying is the stores fault?

Anyways, Sony has a no refund policy. You could try calling them and hoping your pleas fall upon sympathetic ears, but don't get your hopes up.

Not true...I guess your're perfect johngie.   The store is crap now. I've gotten refunds before.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (278 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29114 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Im_A_Hobbit wrote:

I was going to download  and buy Call of Duty Black ops 2 off of playstation Store but i thought i found it, once i saw it i downloaded it, after that when it was downloading i realized that i had downloaded the wrong game.  I acciddently downloaded it, i have not played it yet.  i dowloaded it for playstaion Vita. i dont even have a Playstation vita. and i was wondering if i could get a refund and delete the game?

Unfortunately Sony neither reads nor replies to questions or comments on these Forums, so your request, at least here will go unheard.

As others have said there is pretty much a "no refund" policy in regard to the PlayStation Store, occasionally some people have received refunds for varying reasons, it might be worth a call or an email to Sony to ask, just don't hold your breath that's all I say.

I know this isn't the OP's complaint, but I wanted to mention it anyway because it's starting ot irritate me, some people dislike the new PS Store layout, personally I do not, I like it, but some people, because of their hatred for the new layout are intent on using any little thing they can to justify this, in this case the OP's Thread  here, it's not going to fly, we get it you hate the new layout, enough already, it is not the reason the OP miss-purchased, the OP miss-purchased because of their own error & nothing more.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (275 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 14, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Im_A_Hobbit wrote:

Unfortunately Sony neither reads nor replies to questions or comments on these Forums, so your request, at least here will go unheard.

As others have said there is pretty much a "no refund" policy in regard to the PlayStation Store, occasionally some people have received refunds for varying reasons, it might be worth a call or an email to Sony to ask, just don't hold your breath that's all I say.

I know this isn't the OP's complaint, but I wanted to mention it anyway because it's starting ot irritate me, some people dislike the new PS Store layout, personally I do not, I like it, but some people, because of their hatred for the new layout are intent on using any little thing they can to justify this, in this case the OP's Thread  here, it's not going to fly, we get it you hate the new layout, enough already, it is not the reason the OP miss-purchased, the OP miss-purchased because of their own error & nothing more.

I tried to give the new a chance.  This was a very, very bad move! Yes, I do like change but not this time!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (272 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11165 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Not perfect. Just literate.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (260 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 14, 2012

How did you get a refund?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 14, 2012
How did you get a refund rramsdell?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (222 Views)
0 Likes