Aug 03 2013
By: TITANIUM_BALLAH First Son 4 posts

Bought DLC and can't download or re-buy

3 replies 813 views Edited Aug 3, 2013

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen.  I went to buy the "DC Universe Online Lightning Strikes" DLC on the store.  I had $7.43 roughly in my account.  The DLC cost $9.99 according to the store.  So I figured, "It will take all of my wallet balance and ask for a credit card or something."  But what it did was subtracted the wrong way, now giving me $2.56 in my wallet.  Nothing popped up to tell me to download my product.  So I went back and searched for the DLC again, it says that I bought it.  When I clicked on the download button, the loading bars appeared for a few seconds and just disappeared with nothing happening.  I can't re-buy the DLC because there is no button for me to press.  Looking on the "DC Universe Online Free-To-Play" screen in the store, down in the add-ons section, it says that is is purchased.  I tried logging off, turning off my system, and going back on but nothing happened.  So i just got robbed around $5 and can't buy what I wanted to buy.  Can someone help me with this?

Message 1 of 4 (813 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28068 posts

Re: Bought DLC and can't download or re-buy

Aug 3, 2013

PSN will not "ask for a credit card or something" when you make a purchase.  When you check out, you have to have enough money in your PSN wallet to pay for everything.  If you have automatic funding set up, meaning that you already gave Sony your credit card information, then your card will automatically be charged enough to cover the purchase.  The minimum amount of money that you can add to a PSN wallet is $5.  You needed $2.56, so $5.00 would have been added.  After the purchase, you would have $2.44 left in your wallet.  If you have $2.56 left in your wallet now, then you had $7.56 (exactly, not roughly) in your wallet to begin with.   Simple arithmatic, but you could have confirmed that by checking your transaction history in the Account Management app. 

As far as the download is concerned, DCUO is an MMO, which means that all of the game content is stored online.  Downloading extra story content only takes a few seconds because it is just enabling content that is online.  It isn't downloading all of the content to your PS3.  So far nothing that you have described sounds like an actual problem.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (797 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 3, 2013

**bleep**, I neva know I was taking one test over here.  All i wanted was some help so relax on the math lesson k.  N da details on how da game works, how am i supposed to know dat?  it's like saying, "oh u bought street fighter?  den u must already know all da combos to every fighter."  dis is da first dlc i bought for dis game so i thought it would have been da same for every other dlc for other games where u download afta da purchase.  apparently it was one problem cuz i couldn't figure it out, n u went help me so tanks for helping me wit my "problem" or watever da hell u like call it.

Message 3 of 4 (792 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Sep 23, 2013
Omg same problem how do u solve.it
Message 4 of 4 (750 Views)
0 Likes