Nov 12 2011
By: Aliciarose First Son 4 posts

Bought DC Universe Fight for the Light, Got EMail, No D/L?

5 replies 143 views Edited Nov 12, 2011

I bought the add-on above for $9.99 from the store about an hour ago for my son, I got both the email that said I added funds, the email that we bought the addon, but...nothing to download? In my history on PSN it doesn't say we bought it. It's not unlocked in the game. Theres nothing in the shopping cart (Obviously, since we already checked out), No red bag, The money has been withdrawn from my account. But....where's the download?

Message 1 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Re: Bought DC Universe Fight for the Light, Got EMail, No D/L?

Nov 12, 2011

Aliciarose wrote:

I bought the add-on above for $9.99 from the store about an hour ago for my son, I got both the email that said I added funds, the email that we bought the addon, but...nothing to download? In my history on PSN it doesn't say we bought it. It's not unlocked in the game. Theres nothing in the shopping cart (Obviously, since we already checked out), No red bag, The money has been withdrawn from my account. But....where's the download?

You've marked your other question as "Assumed Answered" bu then I came across this identical Thread here!

If the ourchase was successful then you would have received an emnail from Sony confirming the ourchase & a red shopping bag would show up next to the item in the PS Store, you say there is no red bag, that's a little odd.

Have you checked your download list, you haven't actually downloaded this yet is that right?

One last thing, you have purchased the DLC from the USA PSN Store, you are from within the US right, not another country or region?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Heya, I marked the other answered because it looked like I posted in the wrong section. I have the emails stating what I bought and that the $ transferred. Nothing in download, no red bag. I live in the US, bought PS3 in US and D/L everything in US. Very frustrating.

Thanks for any help, Alicia

Message 3 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Aliciarose wrote:

Heya, I marked the other answered because it looked like I posted in the wrong section. I have the emails stating what I bought and that the $ transferred. Nothing in download, no red bag. I live in the US, bought PS3 in US and D/L everything in US. Very frustrating.

Thanks for any help, Alicia

Okay no problem.

Yea it is frustrating, hmmm...the no red bag thing is confusing me a little, because every purchase made means a red bag should appear next to the item in the store, showing that you have previously purchased it, so that one is odd in my view, everything else you've said makes sense though.

I don't know if you're new to the PS3 so I don't want to appear rude & treat you like a "kid", but I just thought I'd show you the stages from purchase to download then playing/using, they are as follows:

1. Go to PSN Store.

2. Choose item.

3. Add item to cart.

4. Choose Checkout/purchase.

5. Download.

6. Install item.

7. Play/Use item.

Does the above make sense, is that what happened to you, do you remember?

I'm running out of ideas & so failing the above the only thing I can uggest is to contact Sony, their contact details can be found using the "contact us" taba t the bottom of this screen.

Good luck to you, & come back if you need more help or get the issue resolved, I'm curious.

Message 4 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Hiyas again,

Not rude at all. I called CS at Sony. She found the addon listed under our service list and sees that we bought it. When we click the addon under service list though, it just brings up a pic of the addon, still no download, no way to access the content. She said maybe it's just a glitch and is refunding so we can rebuy it within the next three days. I'm wondering if there's a ball dropped somewhere between the free to play version and the $14.99 a month version. On Sony's webite for the game, it says for free accounts you can buy the addon, so it IS possible, somehow, LOL. Will try to update when we try it again. Thanks for the help!!!

Alicia

Edit: Oh and when we bought it and confirmed purchase, it reloaded to the store screen. There was never a download, but my wallet went to 0.00. If that makes any sense.

Message 5 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
40615 posts

Nov 13, 2011

Aliciarose wrote:

Hiyas again,

Not rude at all. I called CS at Sony. She found the addon listed under our service list and sees that we bought it. When we click the addon under service list though, it just brings up a pic of the addon, still no download, no way to access the content. She said maybe it's just a glitch and is refunding so we can rebuy it within the next three days. I'm wondering if there's a ball dropped somewhere between the free to play version and the $14.99 a month version. On Sony's webite for the game, it says for free accounts you can buy the addon, so it IS possible, somehow, LOL. Will try to update when we try it again. Thanks for the help!!!

Alicia

Edit: Oh and when we bought it and confirmed purchase, it reloaded to the store screen. There was never a download, but my wallet went to 0.00. If that makes any sense.

Glad you appear to be getting somewhere & that you got a  decent person on the other end of the phone with Sony's CS, if you get a moment let me know the outcome, I'd be curious.

Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes