Jun 16 2013
By: Aerobandit2010 First Son 1 posts

Billing Address Issues that have NEVER been fixed.

[ Edited ]
4 replies 338 views Edited Jun 16, 2013

Dear Sony

I'm well aware, you are quite busy with the release of your upcoming system. I really really want to buy one. I few I'm stuck in a position that i have been for years. I have been a avid Sony PlayStation fan for years. There was a point when I had a trunk of over 2 hundred PlayStation games. Then the Xbox 360 came out. I bought it for one reason. I could add my credit card to my account. I'm a United States Armed Forces Member. Sony, I don't understand but it has been over a way too many years you have locked out military that lives overseas. If you take the time to look at my account history I have barely used my PlayStation and my accounts has very few games on it. I have to either go back to the United States and buy the PlayStation cards or try to compete with the thousands of other guys here for the few hundred cards they bring here a month. I know your company is well aware of the high demands Microsoft is putting on their consumers. More specifically they internet requirement and the Kinect microphone.  I'm happy and relieved your company isn't following suit. These two features alone, completely and utterly ostracize any smart military member and or US Govt. employee.   I'm humbly asking for you to add the options of APO address to billing addresses, Their isn't even an option for it. Not as a service member but as a lost Sony fan. I want to come home! Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Aerobandit

Message 1 of 5 (338 Views)
MVP Support
30099 posts

Re: Billing Address Issues that have NEVER been fixed.

Jun 17, 2013

No one at Sony that has any influence over card acceptance policy reads this forum.  There is no point in posting this here, even if it wasn't a new issue. For the record, apparently a number of military service members use the Playstation Store, and having APO/FPO addresses hasn't stopped them.  They just maintain one credit card account with the billing address set to the home of a state-side friend or relative.  That is all that it takes. You can also have a friend or relative buy Playstation Network cards, and e-mail you the codes.  It isn't that difficult.  Sony has a physical presence in an order of magnitude more countries than Microsoft, so it has a more complex legal situation as far as taxes and content restrictions are concerned. Sony wants to know where you live if you are using a credit card.  The whole point of APO/FPO addresses is that they don't say where you actually are located.  

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (328 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2013

I absolutely agree with your frustration. How hard is it to take a gamers money? Should be able to pay with Paypal as well especially when your cards are linked and confirmed to U.S. banking agencies. APO/AP/AE/AA or FPO/AP/AE/AA are considered U.S. addresses. APO's alone aren't necessarily considered U.S. addresses tho.

A prime reason why I continue to game with Xbox is the ability to pay with minimal hassle. There are a ton of great old skool downloadable games for PSN but until they get their billing act intact, its a major turnoff and driving paying dedicated gamers away. 

Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2013

The banking institutions or credit cards associated with the APO/FPO's are 9 out of 10 times associated with U.S. banking institutions. The biggest problem is that your credit card addy has to match up with your mailing addy so if you wanted to use family or friends address, it doesn't match up and therefore you are hosed. No one should have to apply for a new credit card just to play online when perfectly good US. banking institution credit card is being used by military members. There is a way to distinguish between military APO and foreign APO and Sony needs to get with the program!

Also applying for multiple credit cards can have a negative impact on a credit score, and gamers, especially military gamers should not have to do that!

Message 4 of 5 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
15699 posts

Oct 16, 2013

XXJDMSupraXX wrote:

I absolutely agree with your frustration. How hard is it to take a gamers money? Should be able to pay with Paypal as well especially when your cards are linked and confirmed to U.S. banking agencies. APO/AP/AE/AA or FPO/AP/AE/AA are considered U.S. addresses. APO's alone aren't necessarily considered U.S. addresses tho.

A prime reason why I continue to game with Xbox is the ability to pay with minimal hassle. There are a ton of great old skool downloadable games for PSN but until they get their billing act intact, its a major turnoff and driving paying dedicated gamers away. 

You can fund your wallet through Paypal.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 5 of 5 (297 Views)