Jul 19 2013
By: ALPHA_Killjoy911 First Son 5 posts

Best Friend Got Scammed(PLEASE READ!)

13 replies 403 views Edited Jul 19, 2013

My best friend loves Black Ops 2, He plays it every day and he wants to be Prestige Master(Highest Rank) no matter what it takes. The other day a kid sent him a message while we were playing together and it asked him if he wanted Prestige Master. My friend was curious so he went into a party with him, I was there to. It was just a little kid but then he put his older brother on the mic. He said he could give him Prestige Master but my friend would have to give him his email & passwod. My friend thought that he was a nice guy so he gave it to him.  He had to be offline for atleast 20 minutes said the guy, so my friend went offline and the guy got on his account. It has been 45 minutes, I look at my friends list and It still didn't say Prestige Master. I go to the home and hover over his name. It said he was in the PlayStation Store! I texted him saying get on right now! He then replied saying it won't let him. I knew this guy was using his account to buy things but now he's crewing up everything! His email, his password, his memory, even his downloads! I'm going to let him contact PSN but for now is there anything possible that we could do to stop this scammer!?! Please reply if possible. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 14 (403 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39410 posts

Re: Best Friend Got Scammed(PLEASE READ!)

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

ALPHA_Killjoy911 wrote:

My best friend loves Black Ops 2, He plays it every day and he wants to be Prestige Master(Highest Rank) no matter what it takes. The other day a kid sent him a message while we were playing together and it asked him if he wanted Prestige Master. My friend was curious so he went into a party with him, I was there to. It was just a little kid but then he put his older brother on the mic. He said he could give him Prestige Master but my friend would have to give him his email & passwod. My friend thought that he was a nice guy so he gave it to him.  He had to be offline for atleast 20 minutes said the guy, so my friend went offline and the guy got on his account. It has been 45 minutes, I look at my friends list and It still didn't say Prestige Master. I go to the home and hover over his name. It said he was in the PlayStation Store! I texted him saying get on right now! He then replied saying it won't let him. I knew this guy was using his account to buy things but now he's crewing up everything! His email, his password, his memory, even his downloads! I'm going to let him contact PSN but for now is there anything possible that we could do to stop this scammer!?! Please reply if possible. Smiley Sad

Welcome to the PlayStation Communtiy.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

Another harsh lesson, NEVER EVER give ANYONE your EMAIL & especially NOT your PASSWORD.

You have now lost access to your account because you gave it away to a complete stranger!

Contact Sony customer support, give them the serial number of the PS3, your PSN ID & DOB etc, if you can prove to them that you are the legal owner fo the account you should get it back.

You could report the other person, although I'm not sure you can report them for anything, after all they did nothing wrong, it was you who was the gullible one, they never took anything, you gave it to them.

Good luck & treat this as a lesson learned!

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 14 (399 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13084 posts

Jul 19, 2013
This is why 8 year old should not buy cod.....Next time buy playstation all stars or something....How did he fall for the oldest trick in the book?
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 3 of 14 (383 Views)
Sackboy
415 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Live and learn little ones.

photo 241cbbb8-c0fa-4ff8-92f5-868a50a26232.jpg
Message 4 of 14 (377 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Hooked, Lined, and Sank by the oldest **bleep** trick in the book. 

If I had a Hundred dollars for every time This happened to me, I'd be $200 richer. 

When in doubt ask yourself;" What would Daryl Dixon do?"
Message 5 of 14 (368 Views)
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Strangeguy32000 wrote:

If I had a Hundred dollars for every time This happened to me, I'd be $200 richer. 

So you fell for it twice? Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 14 (352 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jul 19, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Strangeguy32000 wrote:

So you fell for it twice? Smiley Surprised

Once in Runescape and Once on STEAM. Recovered the accounts both times.

Believe me, its been a good two or three years since it happened, but I shan't believe anyone that tries to impersonate a Moderator ever again. 

When in doubt ask yourself;" What would Daryl Dixon do?"
Message 7 of 14 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Too bad. Your friend was stupid and its clearly written on the sign up page: NEVER GIVE YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD TO ANYONE.

He was scammed and he wont get it back without proof. Even if he does get it back, he might get banned for breaking this rule. Too bad.
Message 8 of 14 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1740 posts

Jul 19, 2013

First off your violating the TOS with sony by sharing your password.

You can tell him/her to change the password right now.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/reg/account/forgot-password!input.action

Message 9 of 14 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Ok, thankyou but once again, it was my friend. I knew something wasn't right with him so I made up an excuse for why I'm not giving it to him. My account is perfectly fine Smiley Happy but my friends ... not so much. Smiley Sad But thankyou and I will tell my friend the steps you gave me.

Message 10 of 14 (310 Views)
0 Likes