Feb 06 2013
By: WolfCapTa1N First Son 13 posts

Battlefield 3 - Game freezing a lot,forcing me to turn off the system uncorrectly?What is wrong?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 104 views Edited Feb 6, 2013

As the message on the subject say's,my game dowloaded on PSN Store,Battlefield 3,is crashing/freezing a lot of times,and It make me turn off the system incorrectly,by pressing an time the power buttom or turn off It by pushing the cable,Is it because I don't have enough space of HD?I have 80-90 GB left to use on HD,that's how I dowloaded and Installed It : 1 - I dowloaded the game,13GB and finished dowloading in almost one entire day(My internet is only 2MB shared with a lot of people which ''sometimes/rarely'' use the internet),while It was dowloading,I keep doing other things like : Playing an music,offline game or other stuff that doesn't interfere on dowload. 2 - Once I dowload It,I successfully Installed It without problems,and took some minutes to install,normally,and many months later I dowloaded premium and then expansion per expansion and other stuff available for dowload(And much before I dowload the expansions the game,very rarely,really rarely freeze and crash,after I install all the expansions and other stuff. And then...I started to have the crash/freezing more instantly,It keep stoping,and stoping,and back to normal,sometimes the blue square(which indicates loading),keep flashing without stoping and doesn't load the game,forcing me to exit the game by controller and back to PS3 MENU. PS : But when I dowloaded the expansions,the freezing that force me to turn off the system occured less rarely. 3 - After the lights fell in certain areas of my neighborhood,forcing to turning off the ps3 system incorrectly so many times,only CD games couldn't be played,games as BF3,BF1943 and other dowloadable games from PSN,could be played. I sent my PS3 for the maintenance,and they discover what the problem was the reader only(not many days ago and an month),I paid R$ 250,00 reais/aproximately $125+ dollars and I keep having game crashes(Only for BF3 game,all other games works well). Is there an correct way of turning the system off when an game from psn freeze?I wouldn't need to risk damaging the system and having to pay for new expensive pieces. The last time when my game was totally freezed again,I keep pressing the power button for more than 10 seconds,and I could hear an strange noise coming from PS3,and then It turned off,when I turned on It,It don't asked me to repair the system,I don't did it again,because I was afraid of doing something wrong. I am afraid of playing the game Battlefield 3 again,because I don't want to spoil my PS3,please I need help,I don't want to dowload all the entire game again and all expansions per expansion,24+ gb,It will took 4-5 days on my home.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Battlefield 3 - Game freezing a lot,forcing me to turn off the system uncorrectly?What is wrong?

Feb 7, 2013
Can someone please help?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16266 posts

Re: Battlefield 3 - Game freezing a lot,forcing me to turn off the system uncorrectly?What is wrong?

Feb 7, 2013

WolfCapTa1N wrote:
Can someone please help?

Can you break that up into paragraphs so it's easier to read?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (85 Views)
0 Likes