Feb 28 2013
By: rlwelch4646 First Son 5 posts

Batman: Arkham City on PS Store- Is this item the "GOTY" Edition?

6 replies 170 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

I wanted to purchase Batman: Arkham City on the Store (currently $29.99) but am unsure whether or not I am purchasing the GOTY edition because it is not explicitly written. It is eluded to by the inclusion of a trailer for the "Game of the Year" edition on the product page, but again, the title of the game is "Batman: Arkham City" sans the "GOTY" moniker that the Arkham Asylum GOTY game has. If this is indeed not the GOTY edition than I would remove the trailer you have because it is for the wrong game and is deceitful.

I'm hoping a customer representative could please clarify. Thank you!

Message 1 of 7 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Batman: Arkham City on PS Store- Is this item the "GOTY" Edition?

Mar 1, 2013

I'm bumping this because it appears to me that the customer service reps do not want to address this issue. Is this game the GOTY edition or is it being misrepresented with the GOTY video accompanying the regular version of the game?

Message 2 of 7 (150 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18896 posts

Mar 1, 2013

We are end-users just like you. If you need to talk to a SONY representative then you will have to call the mothership

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

As for my 2-cents on the matter. Batman Arkham Asylum is clearly marked for both regular & GOTY editions. I would say SONY can't just yet distribute Batman Arkham City GOTY on the PSN just yet.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 7 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

Thank you for your response but my problem stems from the fact that there is no clearly defined "GOTY" edition for the Arkham City like there is for Arkham Asylum, like you stated, but there is a GOTY video on the product page for the aforementioned "Arkham City" game. So is it GOTY or not?

I think I know the answer to my question but if it is correct then Playstation should clarify since the video included on the product page is for the wrong game. I'm not trolling, just making sure that this issue is resolved so no one else has this issue and mistakenly purchases something they thought was something else.

Thanks for the contact information as well but I just assumed this would be a faster and a more efficient way for me to resolve my issue. I may just have to suck it up and call them... its just such a trivial question that I figured this would be best. Also I know the majority of the people on these forums are end-users but I was directed here from their "Contact Us" page so it is supposed to be a viable means of contacting their representatives to get issues resolved.

Message 4 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18896 posts

Mar 1, 2013

I personally can't address the Batman Arkham City GOTY trailer being featured on the Batman Arkham City page because the only access I have at this moment is to the PSN Store is via the web. Here, on the Batman Arkham City page there are only pictures being displayed.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/batman-arkham-city/cid=UP1018-NPUB30754_00...

I do agree with you; if on the PS3 PSN Store Batman Arkham City page things are as you have described then SONY should address this and replace the GOTY trailer for the standard edition trailer.

Sony support does like to recommend us Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Well you've been more help than they have been at this point. You should be on the payroll. While I appreciate your help I believe they should have a chat option so people with these minor questions can get them addressed without having to wait on the phone for a half hour. 

I still haven't gotten around to calling them yet because it is such an insignificant issue. Not something I want to set aside 30 minutes for... easier to drop by and write a post on this board or chat with a rep while working... too bad those two options aren't quite working for me right now (your advice and suggestions aside) =P.

Message 6 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18896 posts

Mar 5, 2013

rlwelch4646 wrote:

Well you've been more help than they have been at this point. You should be on the payroll. While I appreciate your help I believe they should have a chat option so people with these minor questions can get them addressed without having to wait on the phone for a half hour. 

I still haven't gotten around to calling them yet because it is such an insignificant issue. Not something I want to set aside 30 minutes for... easier to drop by and write a post on this board or chat with a rep while working... too bad those two options aren't quite working for me right now (your advice and suggestions aside) =P.

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes