Jun 10 2011
By: Lapwner Lombax Warrior 245 posts

Assassin's Creed 2 PSN Version Problem - Help?

20 replies 1051 views Edited Jun 10, 2011

Ok well I recently purchased Assassin's Creed 2 on PSN Store (as it was on sale). I installed it and everything, but when I go to "Info" it says that it expires in 236 days. It said it starts on "2/1/2011" and expires "2/1/2012". When I was with playstation plus, I got the full game trial of this, however, I never got around to downloading and installing it, so I canceled the download. The game itself is FAR down on my DL List, and the DLC is up at the top. Why is it like this? I don't want the game to expire on me after I've bought it! Anyway to fix this, or is this just some error?

Please help!

Message 1 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed 2 PSN Version Problem - Help?

Jun 11, 2011

I'm still in that Playstation Plus thing, but I'm having  the exact same issue. I was considering buying the full game but decided to get the trial first. I had a change of heart a few days later and bought the game before playing the trial, but now it won't recognize it as a full game and is stuck as a trial. I decided to see if it would recognize it afterward by playing the whole hour but now it won't even show up on the Playstation Store as a purchased game, but the DLC still shows up as purchased.

I think the best course of option for now is to just e-mail support for help and start complaining a whole lot if nothing gets resolved (It's bought and payed for, why can't it be played?).

Message 2 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 12, 2011

The same problem here, with dante's inferno, it seems to be happening with all games purchased after playing the trial...

Message 3 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jun 12, 2011

This happened to me too. Call sony, explain exactly what happened and they will refund your wallet, good luck.

Message 4 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
245 posts

Jun 12, 2011

I called Sony, but they told me to not worry about it, it's probably just an error with the game. However I can still play it normally and unlock trophies, etc.

And they have my information written down incase in 230 days or w/e it randomly stops working...

Message 5 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 12, 2011

(with ac1) i called and they said check the store in 3-5 days, and it should be there 2 download EDIT: I bought AC2 off the main store and it works great.

Message 6 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 15, 2011

so, i was going to buy the assasins creed 1 and 2 because they was on sale but i wait, because you people was having problems, but now the sale end and i can´t buy them anymore

do you think that when the bugs are solved, they will put the sale online again?

Thks guys!

Message 7 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 18, 2011

I'm having a similar problem, but in my case I can't play the game, And it is not shown at my download list, I writen an e-mail 3 days ago but till here nothing...

I hope that Sony do something about it.

Good Luck for us all.

PS: I had noticed that the full game trial of Assassin's Creed 2 was removed from the PSN+ list...

Message 8 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 20, 2011

Hi there, I receive this email today:

Hello George,

I do apologize for the inconvenience that you are  experiencing with the game Assassins Creed II Deluxe edition on your  PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. I do understand the  frustration that you feel. I will be happy to assist you. After  researching the PlayStation®Network account information that you  provided, I did find the full game and the trial in your download list. I  recommend that you follow the steps below to delete and then  re-download the game.

1. Go to the Game Icon.

2. Find all data for Assassins Creed II Deluxe edition.

3. Highlight the data and press the triangle button.

4. Select delete and press the X button.

Once the deletion is complete follow steps below to re-download the full game.

1. Sign in to your PSN account.

2. Go to the Account Management Icon.

3. Scroll down to Transaction History.

4. Choose the Download List.

5. Highlight the content the press the X button to download.

I wanted to make sure that you know that deleting this information will not cause you to loose any progress.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you for allowing me to provide you with this information.

Regards,

Deanna H.

Ok, I followed the instructions and delete all the data relative to Assassin's Creed II except the trophies because I can't, but the thing didn't work as expected...  I didn't find the games in my download list too, I wrote a new email asking "what can I do now?". Let's see whats happens from now on...

If i have any news or a solution a put here. bye

Message 9 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Aug 10, 2011

I am having the same issue.  I dont know if I have to call Sony to get it so that I can get to play the game. I am glad I was not the only one with this problem.

Message 10 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes