Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 04 2012
By: BPink First Son 6 posts

As a designer, your new store is offensive... as a gamer you're loosing me.

3 replies 180 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

Thank you PSN for going with Form over Function, and I mean that sarcastically. Sure, maybe a facelift was needed to re-invigorate the PSN Store, but not at the expense of the user experience. Games should be able to be located quickly and easily by title and categorized by letter of the alphabet. The previous incarnation of the store allowed for near instant access to the store and extremely easy visual navigation. The new store looks nice, but has lost the intuitive visual navigation system. The best way to locate anything is to search for it by typing in the name of the game. This is inefficient if you mispell something or skip a letter and then get stuck having to retype it in again.  I used to be able to go into the store (which again, would load instantly) and locate the games I own and find add-on and or updates and get them done in less than five minutes. This would allow me to have minimal time in the store so that I could spend more of my precious gaming time actually playing games. NOW, I have to spend so much extra time looking through everything to see if I have the latest add-on content. Sometimes, I only have a half hour or so to play a game. (Like tonight) and if I have to spend all my time hunting for add-on content then I've wasted my time and I'll play my XBox. I don't care how pretty something is as long as it works the way it should and this new update to the store doesn't work. It's inefficient and the user experience has just been decimated. Fix it and do it fast or I'll spend more time playing the XBox 360 than I do my beloved PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16620 posts

Re: As a designer, your new store is offensive... as a gamer you're loosing me.

Nov 4, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Well, your text formatting is offensive.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Nov 5, 2012
you do know that what for you is hard for others is easy and what for you is ugly for others is pretty so on and so forth, as a designer you should know that, what im trying to say "its impossible to satisfy everyone" i applaud to sony to keep improving and trying new things for us
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes