Mar 20 2017
By: bizziebill First Son 1 posts

Ark - Survivor Evolved Ps4 error CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
9 replies 142 views Edited last month

I get the same ERROR (CE-34878-0) in Fallout 4. WTF is going on. Is this a Sony problem??. I read others having the same thing with different games.

Thread moved to psn. GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 10 (142 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Ark - Survivor Evolved Ps4 error CE-34878-0

last month
Hi Sony and Bizziebill,
I had a friend come over with his 1st Gen PS4 console having the same error CE-34878-0 after the update.

Searching the interwebs most people are reporting this a system software issue.
First we thought it was the disk
We took his UFC PS4 disk and put it in my system and it loads and works just fine. I have a slim PS4 running 4.50 his is 1st Gen also running 4.50.

Since the CD worked in mine with out error we tried more games, newest resident evil same error.
We ran the reinitialize and test again same issue on his.
So we did a clean reinstall 4.50 per the Sony support forums same issue.

What gets me is that the latest call of duty game loads and works just fine.
All these point towards the software of one game works and others don't with the error.

I'm sure Sony will say it's the rom drive but all of these games worked before taking 4.50 today on his system.
Bad part is that his warranty is probably not good and Sony will throw hardware at it instead of looking at the software for older consoles.

There is no way to roll back to his previous software as the USB boot wants specially 4.50 install.

So he's got a $200 paper weight that will only play call of duty.

Sony can you fix this issue?
Model MB068223762

Thanks
Message 2 of 10 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

last month
I'd like to also mention we did update the game files on several games and they still popped out the CE-34878-0 error with or without​ the update.
Message 3 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

last month
Just as suspected Sony wants to depot the hardware out of warranty​ $100 even though it's their software. Sony reps can't even see their own forums that this is a problem and every thread is resolved but it's not fully resolved they just close the threads.
Reinstall of system software does not fix the issue. Basically the fix is either but Xbox or depot the Sony paper weight. Nice support Sony, lucky for me it was a friends and not mine but I'll note this type of support on future purchases when it comes to your faulty updates. Fix the CE-34878-0 error.
Message 4 of 10 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

last month
Thanks ne1atall like I said in my post reinitialize does not resolve your software issues that have been reported numerous times in previous threads, calling Sony thinks it's hardware and it's not. Stop being lazy and depoting hardware. Why would anyone pay for a out of warranty replacement that your software caused why dont you own up and offer the consumer to ship and replace instead of charging more money.

I think you need to escalate this issue farther then your support has to offer.
Message 6 of 10 (94 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
26343 posts

last month

You're welcome.

I don't know what you mean by "depoting hardware" but there were more suggestions there than initializing.

If you are out of warranty than any costs for repair are on you.

If you want something escalated feel free to contact customer support and do it yourself.

Message 7 of 10 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

last month
Dont need a forum troll to inform me to contact support for escalation. The thread you posted only has 2 actual steps to test which is initialize the software other then remove and replace hardware which is irrelevant to most of these users reporting the issue. 2 is to update game software and reboot.

2 actual steps thinking it's the system rather then check the update that was released. I get it you troll the boards to cut and paste links to help other users because you think they haven't searched already to get a MVP support badge and some perks like cookies.

But your input has no real value into solving these issues so why even respond?
Message 8 of 10 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

last month

Then please tell us  what you want from this great  group of community members? This is not sony support, this is community support. Also having a bad attitude like you have shown, won't compel people to want to help you.

Message 9 of 10 (60 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
26343 posts

last month

I'm actually more interested in knowing what "depoting hardware" means. Its been mentioned a few times........

Well, that and cookies....

I'm also interested in these cookies that have  been mentioned.

Message 10 of 10 (57 Views)