First Son
4 posts

Re: Are you having problems with your C.C. in the Playstation Store?

Jun 1, 2012

So paying $60 a year for the privilege of playing your games online and having to buy more points than you need to buy a game is the better option?

I can't add funds right now, but I'll get my game eventually, and this situation is still better than xbox live.

Message 11 of 14 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jun 2, 2012

What it sounds like is on Sony's end, they have really tight security procedures to verify people's information, which is probably why you're getting that error code or it's saying your card is invalid when it obviously isn't.

Personally, I would rather them have tighter security that in certain cases restricted me, then to let it be more lenient and make it easier for people to obtain my information, especially following the network outage last year.

Getting PSN cards as a temporary alternative isn't too bad, at least there is some way to get money on your account to buy content off the PS Store. Lots of game stores and electronic retailers carry them, and now most convenience stores have them too. If location is your issue, lots of online retailers sell PSN cards where they'll e-mail you the code within an hour or so of buying it and then mail you the physical card within a shipping time frame.

Message 12 of 14 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 6, 2012

I just tride to add funds to my wallet using a cash card. And it doesn't work! I've used this card for online purchases for at leas 1 year now at amazon (for example) works fine there. It's a turn off for me. If gamestope was/is willing to take my PS3 back i'd swap it for a xbox.

Message 13 of 14 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Count me in the same boat. I've had mine since 2007 with no purchasing issues on PSN.

Seems bad luck pours when it rains, I also have a controller that won't wirelessly sync anymore...sigh.

"Live Free Or Die"
Message 14 of 14 (54 Views)
0 Likes