Jul 14 2011
By: X-aic16X- First Son 1 posts

Anyone else having trouble with buying/downloading things off the store?

7 replies 52 views Edited Jul 14, 2011

Today was the first time I have gotten anything off the store.  I tried to download it but it said error and then I did it again and it said it was done. Even though it said it was done I couldnt find it anywhere on my page. No downloads or installation or anything. if anyone could help please reply

Message 1 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Re: Anyone else having trouble with buying/downloading things off the store?

Jul 14, 2011

X-aic16X- wrote:

Today was the first time I have gotten anything off the store.  I tried to download it but it said error and then I did it again and it said it was done. Even though it said it was done I couldnt find it anywhere on my page. No downloads or installation or anything. if anyone could help please reply

Welcome to the Forums.

Is the item you 'purchased' in your DL list?, also with every successful purchase you receive an email from Sony confirming it, if you got an email Sony thinks the purchase went through successfully, lastly check your games list, anything thats been downloaded but not installed will appear in a little bubble.

If after all of the above you have an email but no game, or whatever it is you purchased try re-downloading it from your DL list, assuming its there of course, also check the store to see if it shows a red bag next to the item you purchased, if nothing works contact Sony about this matter, there's a contact us tab at the bottom of this page.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jul 14, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

X-aic16X- wrote:

Welcome to the Forums.

Is the item you 'purchased' in your DL list?, also with every successful purchase you receive an email from Sony confirming it, if you got an email Sony thinks the purchase went through successfully, lastly check your games list, anything thats been downloaded but not installed will appear in a little bubble.

If after all of the above you have an email but no game, or whatever it is you purchased try re-downloading it from your DL list, assuming its there of course, also check the store to see if it shows a red bag next to the item you purchased, if nothing works contact Sony about this matter, there's a contact us tab at the bottom of this page.

All that sounds good assuming it was a game but if it was a theme it's in your system settings.  If it's a game add-on it was installed and you won't see anything until you play the game. What did you download?

Message 3 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 14, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

If it's a game add-on it was installed and you won't see anything until you play the game.

Photobucket

FYI, game add-ons are stored in the Game Data folder. If the game had a manditory install or patch, then the add-on is usually tacked onto it.

Message 4 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 14, 2011

I have had problems with the only game I download in-game content for since Playstation came back online.  The game is White Knight Chronicles and the online download is Job Parts.  When I click it, it says "Error loading product list".

The "support" I got asking for tech help was to go into safe mode and try different steps including restore game data, rebuilding database, and finally if none of the previous steps work to do a factory reset (which if the first 3 or 4 steps did not work I doubt will work so I have not done).  Needless to say nothing has worked and I still cannot download job parts.  The other lists opens, but I only need job parts so I have not tried downloading anything else.

Message 5 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jul 14, 2011

dislocated_soul wrote:

I have had problems with the only game I download in-game content for since Playstation came back online.  The game is White Knight Chronicles and the online download is Job Parts.  When I click it, it says "Error loading product list".

The "support" I got asking for tech help was to go into safe mode and try different steps including restore game data, rebuilding database, and finally if none of the previous steps work to do a factory reset (which if the first 3 or 4 steps did not work I doubt will work so I have not done).  Needless to say nothing has worked and I still cannot download job parts.  The other lists opens, but I only need job parts so I have not tried downloading anything else.

Try deleting it from the game data folder and redownloading it.

@ shogun00 thanks I didn't know you could find it there and I'm assuming the OP didn't either. Either way I'd still like to know what they downloaded. Maybe we'd be more able to help if we knew.

Message 6 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Jul 14, 2011

I'm still curious too, here's hoping the OP returns soon huh .

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 7 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 14, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

@ shogun00 thanks I didn't know you could find it there and I'm assuming the OP didn't either.

Photobucket

I found out when I downloaded a 512MB add-on for Prince of Persia.

When I installed the game, I checked the game data folder and looked at the information (press the triangle button). The file was about 2GB big. When I downloaded the add-on, the file in the Game Data folder became 2.5GB.

Message 8 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes