Jul 19 2013
By: Bergen75 First Son 21 posts

Anyone else have games disappear from their download list?

8 replies 281 views Edited Jul 19, 2013

I was browsing the store last night and noticed that Quantum Conundrum said "$14.99" instead of "Purchased". I remember I had downloaded it last year when it was free on Plus. So I went through my entire download list, and couldn't find it anywhere.

I looked through my transaction history, and found it purchased on Nov. 13 for $0.00. Not to mention that it is currently on my PS3.

I chatted with someone from Sony who couldn't figure it out and said I would have to call in. Strangely enough, he said I couldn't email - that it's necessary to call. As an aside, I find this a tad ridiculous, because I am very rarely available to call when I'm working, so I don't know when I'll be able to get it fixed. Why can't they solve problems with email?

Anyway, I just find it a little frightening that things can disappear from your download list without even knowing it. This weekend I'll try to go through and see if anything else is missing from there.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 9 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Anyone else have games disappear from their download list?

Jul 20, 2013

Try contacting them through live chat. This is a new customer support option that has replaced email customer support. Go here to do so: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/

Hope this helped!

Keep on gaming!!!
Message 2 of 9 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Yes, I did that, that's where they told me I have to call. It's frustrating.

I didn't know the chat replaced email though. That's disappointing.

Message 3 of 9 (264 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31513 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

It's gone from my downloads list too.  I assume it is gone from everyone's.  That can happen.  Content can be removed from the Playstation Store at any time, without notice.  It doesn't matter whether you have it on your downloads list, or even if you paid money for it.  Sony does not guarantee that you will be able to download games or add-ons that you purchased in the future.  If the content is still in the Playstation Store, then you can; but if it is gone, then it is gone.  You don't get a refund, even if you never downloaded it even once.  Basically, if you don't download the content immediately after purchase, then you might not get it at all.  It isn't common or likely, but it is possible. This isn't the first time that this has happened, and it won't be the last.  Usually it is due to some legal issue.  It may be replaced later, but people that purchased it previously might not necessarily get it back.

Actually, I recall that there was an issue with this specific game back then.  It disappeared from the Playstation Plus section of the Playstation Store without notice, and even the Playstation Blog staff had trouble finding out whether it should have been there or not. 

As for why there is no support e-mail address, in fact there was one until last year. Providing e-mail support was wasting a lot of Sony's time, and as Sony does not charge for support, it didn't feel that it could do that.  As anyone that reads this forum regularly knows, written requests for help from Playstation users often lack essential details, assuming that they are comprehensible at all.  The first thing that support had to do in many cases is send an e-mail requesting more information.  When that comes back, a different person has to read through the previous exchange and get up to speed on the discussion before continuing, often with another request for information and clarification.  On the phone, or with live chat, it is a two-way direct communication that can get the issue resolved one way or the other all at once.  That is better for Sony, and works better for most users too.  As far as your working hours are concerned, Playstation customer support is available from 6AM in the morning, until 10PM at night, Pacific time, seven days per week.  If you need to work all those hours, then you really should look into union membership.    

GKP
Message 4 of 9 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 20, 2013

The game is still available in the store, so I'm not sure why it would be taken away from anyone.

I understand they got rid of email support now. It doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I'm not sure a comment on my job was needed, but the chat support person (Christopher S.) told me the hours are Monday to Friday, 8-5 Pacific, and that I would need to call during that time.

Message 5 of 9 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 20, 2013

It seems email support is still available, although I'm not sure how quick it would be nowadays.

Message 6 of 9 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 23, 2013

yeah i purchased dead walking season 1 pass and it wont download at all I mean it says installed but when i look back to see if it is only xcom was there and saint row the third

i do what i want
Message 7 of 9 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Bergen75 wrote:

The game is still available in the store, so I'm not sure why it would be taken away from anyone.

I understand they got rid of email support now. It doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I'm not sure a comment on my job was needed, but the chat support person (Christopher S.) told me the hours are Monday to Friday, 8-5 Pacific, and that I would need to call during that time.

It's possible that it was a licensing issue.  Something such as a voice-actor, or audio clip, that wasn't licensed by the publisher properly the first time.  The issue was identified, and the proper holder to the works said "NO" and they were forced to take it down.  This happens, sadly, quite a bit when IP exchanges hands due to a buy-out or merger, or due to poorly written contracts at the time of game development.

If a game comes back, then there is likely some re-work on it which was done, or the terms of the legal contract amongst the parties was updated requiring people to re-purchase the content since it is, legally speaking, a completely different entity.

Message 8 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 18, 2014

i have the same problem, i was checking old purchases, looking for flower, flow and other, and checking my download list AND transaction history, there is nothing older than 2011. so purchases i have deleted from my drive are lost?

i will call too to the customer service. thank god i have them in my system still. 

Message 9 of 9 (145 Views)
0 Likes