Highlighted
Feb 26 2013
By: Ammoam First Son 1 posts

Any way to refund?

3 replies 135 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

Earlier today I purchased the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim. However, I made a mistake and didn't check my cart before purchasing. For some reason that's beyond me, The Darkness II was in my cart, and I purchased it by mistake. I ended up spending about $45 when I only planned on spending $2.50. I'm almost positive that my brother planned on buying it or something along the lines of that, but it doesn't really matter now. What matters is that I cannot afford to just throw away $45 on a game I never wanted nor planned on paying for. Like, seriously, I really can't afford it, money is really tight around here. Is there ANY way at all to have it refunded? Yes, I read the FAQ and yes, I know that I shouldn't ask. But I've read so many stories of exceptions being made for a refund when people have a situation like mine. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: Any way to refund?

Feb 26, 2013

All you can do is call Sony and tell them your story. I haven't heard much about people getting refunds unless there was a mistake made by Sony (Charging more than the on sale price situations etc). Anyway here's the number 800-345-SONY

Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17013 posts

Feb 26, 2013

All you can you is call SONY directly and plead with them.  Link to the phone number is under "Contacting Support" in the bottom left of any forum page.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56286 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Typically you can not get a refund on this type of purchase but it doesn't hurt to try, here is the info you need to contact someone https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Message 4 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes