Mar 05 2013
By: hourendous First Son 3 posts

Another victim of *funds could not be added to your wallet*

3 replies 1280 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

Im wondering if something might not have been tagged on my account or something when i finally went about getting my password back(not noticed your missing the t in hotmail makes it VERY annoying to get your password back). When i finally got full access to my account back, i updated my billing info to match my new credit card(basically copy pasted it from my bank account info online), got all the info put in..only to get  *the funds could not be added to your wallet(56)*, or credit card info is incorrect if im using the store on my pc.

I know for the fact the info is correct, I've also used the card within the last hour of posting this with the exact same info i have put into my PSN account, and looking the last day or 2 i've come ot notice im far from the only person to suffer from this, so at least im not alone...

On a side note, why doesnt there seem to be an option to EMAIL support? i really dislike using the phone, and would prefer not to if i can get away with it, lol.

Message 1 of 4 (1,280 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31513 posts

Re: Another victim of *funds could not be added to your wallet*

Mar 5, 2013

Sony recently introduced live chat support, which replaces e-mail support, at least on this site. Sony is selective about what types of cards that it accepts.  People use the term "credit card" very loosely these days, but Sony only takes bank credit cards, and bank debit cards, that support address verification, and have verified billing addresses associated with the underlying account.  Also, the billing address of the credit card must match the home address of the PSN account exactly.  Prepaid cards, gift cards, and similar instruments are not accepted; as they provide no evidence of place of residence.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (1,267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2013

The card isnt the issue. Its a visa i got from the bank im with, exact same kind as i had before, the only difference is they changed a couple numbers on it as i had some issues with the card i had before, so they reissued it. When they did, Sony for some reason stopped taking the banking info which I've been using for the last few years without any issue, as nothing has changed. I'm hoping its just a matter of waiting 48 hours, without trying ot make any purchases as that apparently has worked for a couple people, but if that doesn't ill have to get ahold of em again to see if theres anything wrong on their end they can actually spot.

And Live chat support? where would that be located out of curiosity, wouldnt hurt to know about it for future refrence.

Message 3 of 4 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

I can't add funds to my account either.  I was able to add $5 yesterday so I know my card works but it just won't let me add any more funds.  This really sucks because I want to renew my Plus subscription before the store updates so I don't miss out on the 3 extra months.

My transaction finally went through but only after I actually added the Plus subsciption to my cart and proceeded to checkout.   I don't know why it will no longer let me add funds before making a purchase but I hope Sony fixes this if they want any more of my money.

Message 4 of 4 (1,252 Views)
0 Likes