First Son
2 posts

Re: An error has occurred (80023102)

Feb 10, 2012

I just started getting the error last night.  Tried today and its still happening.

My problem started after I had successfully bought about 10 Playstation Minis.  Tried to buy another and suddenly the error message popped up. 

Am I not allowed to fund my account more than a set amount of times in a given period?

Anyway I tried all the multitude of solutions noted here and elsewhere.  No luck.

Message 31 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Feb 10, 2012

The answer is obvious.  Sony doesn't want your money.

Message 32 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Well, it's stopped showing the error since the 4.10 system updated (As far as I could tell, that's the first time I used it while on PSN). If anyone can confirm or deny if they have the same error we can know for sure.

For right now, I can add funds to my wallet through PSN with my credit card successfully.

Message 33 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I can not add funds using my debit card.  I have used this same banking account since I became a member in October 2007.  Nonetheless, I started getting an error code on Sunday ending in 102 and haven't been able to use the card since.  I have re-entered the information several times and even copied and pasted directly from my billing statement to make sure everything matches exactly by using the http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/main website and editing my account details.  Moreover, there is money in the account and I have had 10 pre-authorizations on the card since 2/19/2012 for $1.00.  Also, I do not have a PO box or use any other address line except for the first line.  I have called 4 times and the response I receive is buy PSN cards.  This issue didn't begin until this weekend when that error code started.  I  have called my bank and they have stated that there are no issues.  Moreover, I have tried a variety of other credit cards from other companies to no avail.  I have spent thousands of dollars on the PSN since 2007 and I find it quite frustrating that no one listens or will even escalate this issue to be checked out by tech support.  Also, there are numerous reports on both the US and EU forums with the same issue.  Again, I understand if I didn't do my do diligence by check with my bank and making sure that there are funds available.  But there is along with pre-authorization charges.  Some thing is wrong with the authorization system with the PSN.

Message 34 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Its been two weeks since this error started with me and as of today it still hasn't been resolved.

I finally gave up and started buying online points codes from gamestop.com to purchase games on PSN.   Using the same credit card info that Sony is refusing.   Its a terrible workaround, but at least I don't have to wait.

Message 35 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 24, 2012

They refuse to look into it and blame me and/or my bank.  A supervisor told me yesterday (implied) that I was a dumb ass and couldn't input my information correctly.  I mean its always my fault not theirs.  The last time I had issues on the Network was when they got hacked.  But if you listen to them the PSN in flawless.  I mean they weren't even open to the idea that their end is broken.  The supervisor even told me it was possible that all of my credit card companies got together over the weekend and changed their authentication methods.  Really....  Really....  who would even say such a thing.  6 major credit card companies got together over the weekend to mess with me and no one else.

Message 36 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Heres the response I just got from SOE.  Again, a cookie cutter response and no one willing to look on their end or escalate the issue to be looked into.

Thank you for contacting Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI). I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. I can definitely assist you with adding funds to your wallet. I do understand how frustrating it can be when trying to add funds if it is unsuccessful.

I understand that you have called in and were given some troubleshooting steps to try. To ensure all steps have been taken, I have included a list of the steps below:

• Activate the system.

• Ensure all account information is accurate.

• Remove the apartment number (if applicable).

• Try another credit card.

• Check with the bank to verify if the credit card uses AVS (Address Verification System) as a security feature.

If you have completed all of theses steps, and the issue persists, we have one more troubleshooting step to try. Please remove the Billing Information from your account completely. Once this information is removed, please wait 48 hours with no credit card activity whatsoever on the account.

If this issue still persists, our only suggestion would be to use SEN cards to fund the wallet. Please understand, the parameters set for security are set for our consumers’ protection. I apologize for any inconvenience they may have caused.

Thank you for your time and patience Greg, as well as the opportunity to assist you. You may receive a brief survey in your e-mail about the service I was able to provide you today. If you do receive a survey, I would really appreciate any feedback or comments you can give about my personal response to you.

Sincerely,

Sarah P.

Consumer Services

1-800-345-7669

http://us.playstation.com

Message 37 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 28, 2012

Is anyone still having trouble? I have been able to make a couple purchases since around a week ago, but still can't purchase the title that originally gave me this error, the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Super Bundle. It's all good about that one though, as I looked it up on Steam out of frustration and found it is listed at $20 (!!!) cheaper than on the ps store. After doing some research, I found that Steam prices are consistently cheaper across the board than prices on both psn and xbla. To think, if Sony took measures to resolve this issue sooner I may not have discovered that Steam puts their store to utter shame! Spread the word, and if PC gaming is an option for you look into it, Steam totally obliterates the ps store!

Message 38 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 1, 2012

In the EU it's the same this thread is 15 pages long and admin just marked it as solved which is complete bs:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Can-t-add-funds-to-wallet-error-80023102-or-NP...

Message 39 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 11, 2012

So far since my last post this issue has stopped. I can now add funds and make purchases through PSN with my credit card.

I will not mark this thread as "Answered" until I'm sure no one else is having the issue.

Message 40 of 50 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes