Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
53 posts

Re: Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition Missing American McGee's Alice?

Nov 27, 2012
I just checked, and the PS Plus discount was back on there. Purchased it, and the American McGee's Alice add-on was included. Thanks for looking into this, Sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 46 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

I sent a message to support about this on the 23rd and recieved a email respose about this about an hour ago that basically said to deal with it, it's not included. Obviously they are working on a fix or else Morgan would not have posted in the thread.

I don't really see a way to respond to that message without opening another ticket with support. I tried responding to the e-mail and got an auto reply that the address is not checked. Is there any way to reopen the ticket and at least point the rep to this thread?

I would have been happier if the email response was just a link to the thread or a "We are aware of the issue and are working on it". I am more upset about the issue now than I was before getting the response.

I hope you can fix this Morgan and am glad you are handling this a bit better than the "support" I was given initially.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 46 (445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Thanks for the update Morgan, I'm looking forward to being able to play American McGee's Alice soon once you guys get it figured out for those of us that bought the Ultimate Bundle but still don't have access.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 46 (434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 27, 2012

So, what if I purchased the game on 11/20 but have yet to download it?  I only show two Items to download in the My Downloads section of the store? Should I redownload it and see if it changes?

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 46 (398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 27, 2012
No slappy, we have to wait for a solution, which really should be as simple as authorizing anyone that bought the bundle before they fixed it to download Alice. Not sure what the hold up here is.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 46 (391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Nov 28, 2012

im betting its how to handle it.. i wonder if they are going to just send a voucher for a free copy and their trying to get all the IDs that bought the Ultimate Edition togeather to send it out to.

i noticed that it didnt download till a few days later. I was dling a few other things and it was a batch so didnt see it on the download list. seems i wasnt the only one that noticed it missing as part of the package after i bought the U.E. version. :smileytongue:

i tend to set a DL and turn off my TV and check back later (few hrs/days/weeks later) :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 46 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 28, 2012
This is what happened to me...

After 5 days of explaining the problem, I got the email saying they recognize the issue and are looking into it.

A couple hours later I got another email saying my account has been refunded. But no explanation. The email just said it was a "one-time gesture of goodwill". I didn't know if that meant if they fixed the issue and I got to keep the game, or if it was meant to re-purchase the bundle, or what.

I noticed the bundle was no longer on my download list, so I bought it again. This time all DLC was included. So it worked out I guess. What I maybe should have done was just buy AMA since I already had the game on my PS3.

Something else that wasn't explained to me, and this might affect others who get refunds for this: I had also bought Nights into Dreams in the SAME purchase as Alice. When they refunded, they refunded the entire thing. So I got my money back for Nights into Dreams... it's no longer on my download list, but it's on my PS3 with "no time limit" under information. So I assume it's free unless I delete it, in which case I'd be SOL. Basically, as far as I can tell, the refund wasn't a "gesture of goodwill" at all, but just Sony trying to fix its mistakes. It kind of irritated me that they made it sound like they were doing me a favour.

I emailed Sony back saying this, and mentioned that I would have liked some sort of explanation for what happened. The answer I received was that I was refunded "so you may purchase a different content if you wish as we do not know when this issue will be resolved. However and unfortunately we do not have an answer
for your issue and none in the foreseeable future."

If they have no solution for this problem in the foreseeable future, that's pretty sad. Why did this turn into such a big deal?

They can see we've bought it. They can also see that we didn't have the DLC we paid for. Why couldn't they just fix it? Send out codes to the people who didn't get it. Why would that be so difficult?
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 46 (353 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Buried deep in the comments on this weeks PlayStation Store Update on the Blog they replied about this saying people that didn't get American McGee's Alice will receive a voucher for it. Hopefully that means they're in the process of getting those sent out.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 46 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I've made 5 separate calls to support, speaking with 7 different representatives at various levels, for a total of about 4 hours of my time. Not a single one of them was aware of this issue and basically treated me like it was my own fault for not reading the item description carefully. It wasn't until my last call that I was able to speak with a supervisor who finally recognized that this was Sony's mistake and apologized for the trouble. I was told by this individual that they would personally see to my refund so that I could repurchase the bundle while it was still discounted. They said they'd call me back the next day to give me an update. That was two days ago...

Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated by how ineptly Sony has handled this problem so far. They've made it pretty clear that I am not a valued customer.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 46 (314 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Nov 29, 2012

i'd say give it another week for them to get the solution out to everyone... they apparently know something if their replying here. all the phone/email support are probly the typical copy/paste responces.

i'll start ranting/serching for a responce about it by next payday when it dosnt show up.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 46 (294 Views)
0 Likes