Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 14 2011
By: Black_Halls First Son 1 posts

Activate/Deactivate PlayStation Support annoying issue...

2 replies 62 views Edited Oct 14, 2011

I shared my account with my brother, he downloaded everything I download prom the PS Store. A week ago, I went to my uncle's house and he had a PS3 so I decided to download a game that everyone could play together. I tried to download the game but it said that 5 PS3 systems have already been used, so I needed to deactivate one of those PS3 in order to download it here on my uncle's. Or my brother gave my account to his friends(wich I higly doubt it), or I've been hacked. The problem is: when I asked for the PlayStation Support to deactivate all PS3 linked to this account they said that it could be made only by phone... Why does it need to be by phone? Seriously, everything that they need I can send them by E-Mail. I'm living in another region so I can not call them by phone "Unfortunately, as we only support the North American region we do not have information on how you would make this call."

I see how the Playstation cares only about the North Americans. It's something like: if you do not live in North America, we can't help you with North American accounts(I'm from USA, but I moved to another country) so they suggested me to create another account. I was like: WTF?! So if I move to another region, I need to create another account?! Lose everything I made, my trophies, my purchases, MY PS PLUS?

Seriously, what's so difficult in deactivating all the PS3 Systems linked to this account?

The Playstation Support needed to have an Online Chat Support, were you actually chat with the supporters, the E-Mail Support is really poor and slow. It could be like Blizzard Support system too: Create a Ticket, then wait them to reply. You can always reply the Ticket and not create another mail everytime to reply them. (And the support needs to be faster, seriously, I wait 8~12 hours for the Playstation Support reply my email, while the Blizzard Support I waited 1min~1h MAX, sometime the Ticket Support method that Blizzard uses is so fast that actually becomes a chat(Their support is really efficient they always come with a USEFUL reply, 5* to them) it's something like: Create Ticket with question, Recieve a Response, Reply the Blizzard Response, Receive a Response, almost instant. They've done a lot more complicated thing for me in 1hour(changed the Game Region AND the Registration Key of my Starcraft II) than the Playstation done easly handled things in 8 hours.

I just realized that my post has actually become a criticizing message...

Why the Deactivation needs to be via Phone?!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (62 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14349 posts

Re: Activate/Deactivate PlayStation Support annoying issue...

Oct 15, 2011

Black_Halls wrote:

Why the Deactivation needs to be via Phone?!

It's policy, but while your points are valid objectively, they are somewhat out of place coming from you; for the following reasons...

1. You are not actually allowed to share your Playstation Store purchases with your brother, or your uncle.  You are not allowed to share them with anyone except for your spouse (if any), and your children (if you have any).  You are asking Sony to help you with problems caused by prohibited game-sharing
  2. You are not allowed to share your PSN password with anyone.  It is your own fault that you lost control of your activations. It was bad enough that you activated your account on your brother and uncle's PS3s.  Giving them your password was also against the rules.
  3. If you move to another country, then yes, you are required to create another PSN account, and you are technically not allowed to keep using your old one. If you read the terms and conditions for PSN, you would know that you are only allowed to use the Playstation Network and Playstation Store in the country that you are a legal resident of.  There are good legal reasons for this.  Not everything in the Playstation Store is legal to sell in all countries that Sony sells PS3s in (for example, Australia bans some games that are legal in the USA). Not everything in the Playstation Store is licensed for worldwide distribution.  Sony only has the right to sell some content it in certain countries.  If Sony allowed you to use your North American PSN account after you move to another country, it could be breaking the law. Now, of course, many people have PSN accounts in regions that they don't live in, and Sony goes to no great lengths to prevent that.  But Sony doesn't go to any lengths at all to support that.  SCEA doesn't allow you to pay for Playstation Store purchases in foreign currency, and it doesn't accept credit cards from banks outside of the USA and Canada.  SCEA doesn't provide a toll number for customer support that can be dialed internationally.  It only provides an 800 number, which can be dialed only in the USA and Canada.  If you aren't in the USA or Canada, SCEA doesn't want any calls from you.  There are ways around this, but don't expect Sony to tell you what they are. It isn't reasonable to expect Sony to help you circumvent its own rules, is it?  SCEA doesn't allow administrative requests to be submitted online, which could be done from anywhere.  It only allows them to be submitted by phone, where it has a pretty good idea where you are calling from.  That is why deactivation needs to be via phone.
  4. Blizzard is not a valid comparison to Sony.  The Playstation Store sells hundreds of games, thousands of videos, and hundreds of thousands of music tracks; from dozens of distributors.  Blizzard supports half-a-dozen online games that it published and developed itself.  It is a lot easier for Blizzard to provide comprehensive support. Blizzard also collects monthly fees from most of its customers (the WoW crowd).  Sony doesn't.
GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (62 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Re: Activate/Deactivate PlayStation Support annoying issue...

Oct 15, 2011

Well said gk.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (62 Views)
0 Likes