Dec 29 2014
By: izzo0221 First Son 15 posts

Account hacked

13 replies 427 views Edited Dec 29, 2013

I had my account hacked today. I received an email that my login had been changed. I got a hold of Sony and had my login changed back to my original name. The rep told me when he was done that it is against Sony policy to give out my info and if this happens again I will have my account suspended. I thought was rude but anyway I was able to login and change my password so I didn't care.

Now I started going though my transaction history and saw that I have $70 worth of FIFA points charged to my account. I am now on hold to get this off my account.

Message 1 of 14 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Account hacked

Dec 29, 2013

izzo0221 wrote:

I had my account hacked today. I received an email that my login had been changed. I got a hold of Sony and had my login changed back to my original name. The rep told me when he was done that it is against Sony policy to give out my info and if this happens again I will have my account suspended. I thought was rude but anyway I was able to login and change my password so I didn't care.

Now I started going though my transaction history and saw that I have $70 worth of FIFA points charged to my account. I am now on hold to get this off my account.

Well, you gave out your info. If you didn't expect for some transactions to be made, I don't know what to tell you. Just don't give out any info of yours ever again.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 14 (419 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 30, 2013

The whole thing is I didn't give out my information. I do not know how the person got my info.

Message 3 of 14 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2013
Message 4 of 14 (374 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11669 posts

Dec 30, 2013
hopefully this worked out in your favor. remember, don't use the same passwords for multiple things, like PSN & FIFA. from what i've read, and the link you provided, this is an issue with people using the same passwords for both and someone is intercepting them somehow from FIFA/EA. its not a sony/psn thing.
Message 5 of 14 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 30, 2013

Yea I ended up making up a new password I never have used.

Message 6 of 14 (317 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11669 posts

Dec 31, 2013

did sony refund your money?

Message 7 of 14 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 31, 2013

Ok, I hope to god you aren't half **bleep** working for sony. Because seriously King **bleep**. A lot of you don't anything of what you are talking about or are trying to hide something. I am tired of these so called PSN MVP's as they got deemed. When they are so damned incompetent.
I am calling out all you MVP's or people who act as such. You guys should not be aloud to repersent a company without looking into any details.
Seriously, quit coming to the forums to help. Most of you. The people are doing a better job then you guys.

If someone stole 4 accounts off of ONE ps3 and took cards from others to use on a different account. THAT WERE JUST CREATED AND HAVE ONLY BEEN ON ONE PS3! Then King you have no idea what you are talking about.

Message 8 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Dec 31, 2013

King isn't an MVP and if you had been around longer than a few hours today you'd know the vast majority of these "Hacked" threads are because someone gave away their log in information to prestige or gameshare or some other stupid reason. Many times they even say so in the body of their post. Stick around. You'll see.

Message 9 of 14 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 31, 2013

I did not give out my info. I don't know what prestige or gameshare is. From what I've read its some backdoor issue from EA.

Message 10 of 14 (224 Views)
0 Likes