Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 07 2013
By: BBOYCLOUDD First Son 1 posts

Account ban, Change name, Lost everything ! PSN lied

[ Edited ]
5 replies 470 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

ok heres the story, i had the name **bleep** for 5-6 years, whenever ps3 came out

about last week i was banned because of my name and say said it offended someone, yes if you read it backwords, its bad, but in 5-6years an only 1 person?

ontop of that the people on the phone said, i will have to change my name or make a new account, now i had 15+ platts and 22k trophies, an i lost all of it, 
they told me on the phone, that i will lose my friends, but all downloads and trophies  ect.... will stay,
EVERYTHING was lost, it was basiclly a brand new account.........

i am requesting my trophies back, i understand it was me who made the name, but after 5-6 years, i have owned a ps3 a ps3 slim ps3 super slim, and a ps vita, along with sony tv and sterio system, ...... i stick with sony for everything. an after being lied to and spending my money on all of there stuff, i feel like they took my money an ran, 

once again, i am just requesting my trophies,  an i will contact sony everyday untill i receieve em, because its still the same e mail **BLEEP** and PSN when i called em, said I WILL KEEP IT !, and i did not!

edit: removed profanity

Edited: No identifying information allowed

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (470 Views)
VP of Gaming
29040 posts

Re: Account ban, Change name, Lost everything ! PSN lied

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

This happens all the time, I mean the banning of a PSN ID because it's 'offensive', which by the way yours is, also as with you,  PSN ID can be around for many years before it can be banned, it happens more than you probably realize, then people scream 'why now, why me, why after all this time'

Anyway I'm not going to go into some long spiel here etc, if they said you could change your name (PSN ID) then good, you should also have been able to keep your trophies etc, if that has not happened then your only option is to contact Sony customer support regarding this, it is unlikely that anyone here will be able to help you with this.

BRIT-KO.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (465 Views)
VP of Gaming
25785 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

You should have known what would happen when you read the Terms of Service. Basically, you earned the banishment.

You can pat yourself on the back, now.

Discussing a specific/personal banning is not allowed on the forum. This should have been done privately.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (457 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4428 posts

Feb 7, 2013
You should edit out your e-mail address out.
But who ever told you make another account, you won't lose your trophies is silly. Are you sure you understood them? Because when you download items from the store as in movies, games and such you can use them still since there on your HDD.

ldrr

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 18, 2014

They did the same thing to me. My name was fukyomotha. You can still add it oddly enough. But anyway, picked the name. Thought PS3 was like 360 and could change. 2 weeks later I called and asked to change it. They said I couldn't and there wasn't anything they could do. They never mentioned it would get banned and I would lose all my trophies. So I played on that account for about 5 years and then one day I got banned. I had over 10 platinums and one was Demon Souls. That took me 9 months to complete. So, yeah trophies gone. The weird part was they were still on my system I just couldn't link them. So I could complete platinums. Like Soul Calibur V, I only have 37%on my new account but I still have the platinum. Because of all this, they called me one day and accused me of hacking my PS3. I understand the name banning was my fault. But, I made that name when I was 21 and here I am almost thirty and I realize how stupid it was. The point though is Sony should have had a better plan than taking people's trophies away. That's dirty. It's like they wiped 6 years away of my life. I know that may sound ridiculous but it's frustrating. It's definitely tarnished how I view them as a company now.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29040 posts

Jan 18, 2014

A_Coffey wrote:

They did the same thing to me. My name was fukyomotha. You can still add it oddly enough. But anyway, picked the name. Thought PS3 was like 360 and could change. 2 weeks later I called and asked to change it. They said I couldn't and there wasn't anything they could do. They never mentioned it would get banned and I would lose all my trophies. So I played on that account for about 5 years and then one day I got banned. I had over 10 platinums and one was Demon Souls. That took me 9 months to complete. So, yeah trophies gone. The weird part was they were still on my system I just couldn't link them. So I could complete platinums. Like Soul Calibur V, I only have 37%on my new account but I still have the platinum. Because of all this, they called me one day and accused me of hacking my PS3. I understand the name banning was my fault. But, I made that name when I was 21 and here I am almost thirty and I realize how stupid it was. The point though is Sony should have had a better plan than taking people's trophies away. That's dirty. It's like they wiped 6 years away of my life. I know that may sound ridiculous but it's frustrating. It's definitely tarnished how I view them as a company now.

You choose a really intelligent PSN ID like that & wonder why it was banned, go figure huh.

The fact that you made it when you were 21 & still thought it was intelligent then is amazing, it serioulsy took you 9 years to decide it was dumb, wow!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (289 Views)