Mar 19 2013
By: StretchyCaktus First Son 2 posts

Account Wrongfully Charged Twice for Same Transaction

3 replies 488 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

Hello,

I was wrongfully charged twice for a PS2 game that was charged twice to my account after an "unknown" error occurred during the transaction. I have receipts and screenshots to provide proof. I am not sure what I should do about this error. 

I would really appreciate a reply form anyone, even to point me in the right direction as I feel that my account has been wrongfully charged. 

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 4 (488 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41840 posts

Re: Account Wrongfully Charged Twice for Same Transaction

Mar 19, 2013

StretchyCaktus wrote:

Hello,

I was wrongfully charged twice for a PS2 game that was charged twice to my account after an "unknown" error occurred during the transaction. I have receipts and screenshots to provide proof. I am not sure what I should do about this error. 

I would really appreciate a reply form anyone, even to point me in the right direction as I feel that my account has been wrongfully charged. 

Thank you! 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You're going to have to contact Sony customer support USA about this one, here's their number:

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

Here's some other contact options too:

BRIT-KO
CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 4 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Okay, yeah I was planning on doing that tomorrow. I'm thinking this might have something to do with it?

"If you make multiple purchase attempts at the PlayStation®Store, each attempt may create a temporary authorization* (i.e. held funds) for that amount in your credit card account.

When purchasing items at the PlayStation®Store with your credit card, the purchase amount can appear on your bank statement even if the transaction did not complete successfully during the time of (attempted) purchase. In these instances, the purchase amount appearing on your statement are not actual charges, but they are temporary authorizations.* Nothing is actually charged or withdrawn from your account (since the PlayStation®Store transaction failed), however, temporary authorizations can be held from your total credit card balance until it is automatically dropped by your bank.

*Temporary authorizations are held against your balance to guarantee the funds for the transaction amount. Since this may affect your available remaining balance, we recommend contacting your bank for exact policies on temporary authorizations. How long authorized funds are held is determined by your bank's policies. Please note that Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) does not have the ability to manually drop these authorizations from your bank or credit card account. Most financial institutions hold authorized funds anywhere from approximately 5 to 7 business days, however, some banks may hold them longer. For your bank's specific policies, please contact them directly."

I'll have to consult with Sony on the phone tomorrow. Thanks for giving me some direction with this.

Message 3 of 4 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
41840 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

You're welcome, good luck!

EDIT: The number is avaialble now if you want to 'strike while the iron is hot' so to speak?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (482 Views)
0 Likes