Reply
Feb 24 2013
By: HotToePicker First Son 7 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Account Issue

7 replies 252 views Edited Feb 24, 2013

So, my brother is in the Marines and he got stationed in Japan for 2 years. When he was home, and younger, our Dad set up our PSN accounts. He made them sub-accounts of his master account, which wasn't an issue until now. My brother just bought a PS3 and he wants to keep his old account because of all of his trophies and everything. The only problem is, it's still a sub-account, so he can't buy anything on his own through the store. He would have to ask our Dad to add funds to the wallet so that he could buy whatever he wanted to buy, which is ridiculous. Is there anything he can do in order to make his account a master account, or just be able to buy things on his own?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
38746 posts
 

Re: Account Issue

Feb 25, 2013

HotToePicker wrote:

So, my brother is in the Marines and he got stationed in Japan for 2 years. When he was home, and younger, our Dad set up our PSN accounts. He made them sub-accounts of his master account, which wasn't an issue until now. My brother just bought a PS3 and he wants to keep his old account because of all of his trophies and everything. The only problem is, it's still a sub-account, so he can't buy anything on his own through the store. He would have to ask our Dad to add funds to the wallet so that he could buy whatever he wanted to buy, which is ridiculous. Is there anything he can do in order to make his account a master account, or just be able to buy things on his own?

Thanks.


Sorry but sub-accounts cannot be made into master-accounts, his only option is to create a new account / PSN ID.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 8 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/12/2009
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Account Issue

Feb 25, 2013

Yeah, I read that in the FAQ. Was wondering if there was some way to work around it. But is there a setting in the master account that can be changed in order to allow him to buy things on his own?

Message 3 of 8 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
38746 posts
 

Re: Account Issue

Feb 25, 2013

HotToePicker wrote:

Yeah, I read that in the FAQ. Was wondering if there was some way to work around it. But is there a setting in the master account that can be changed in order to allow him to buy things on his own?


If the Master Account is still on the PS3 then then funding shouldn't be too much of an issue as you can just use PSN Cards, is it still on there, or is there a password enabled or something?

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 8 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/12/2009
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Account Issue

Feb 25, 2013

What do you mean? Do we still have access to the master account? Yes. You say we can just use PSN cards. Can my brother buy the cards and use them even as a sub account?

Message 5 of 8 (220 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
38746 posts
 

Re: Account Issue

Feb 25, 2013

HotToePicker wrote:

What do you mean? Do we still have access to the master account? Yes. You say we can just use PSN cards. Can my brother buy the cards and use them even as a sub account?


No, funds cannot be added via the sub-account, but if the other master account remains on the PS3 they can be added that way.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 6 of 8 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/12/2009
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Account Issue

Feb 26, 2013

He decided to just make a new account, but thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 8 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
38746 posts
 

Re: Account Issue

Feb 27, 2013

HotToePicker wrote:

He decided to just make a new account, but thanks anyway.


Sorry I wasn't able to assist you more, but there really were very few options open to you.

 

Thanks for coming back to let us know though, appreciate it.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 8 of 8 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes