Sep 12 2011
By: FruitlessMonkey First Son 6 posts

Account Creation Error

9 replies 790 views Edited Sep 12, 2011

Hello forum, I am hoping someone knows what exactly going on when I try to create a new PSN account.

The problem im having is that when I pick a Online ID it says "Sorry the Online ID is not availible" Ok understandable, but then when I try to add this username to my friends on my current ID it then says, "The Online ID you entered has not been registered". Ok so what gives? I cannot create an ID with that namem yet I cannot add it either? Does it exist or what? Can anyone explain this?

Cheers,

Monkey

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Re: Account Creation Error

Sep 12, 2011

Try registering directly from Sony's website or Qriocitys' website (http://www.qriocity.com/us/en/) and see if that helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 12, 2011

Well I tried it on your link and it said, "User name is already taken". How can that be if that name doesnt exist when you try to add it as a friend?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25954 posts

Sep 12, 2011

FruitlessMonkey wrote:

Well I tried it on your link and it said, "User name is already taken". How can that be if that name doesnt exist when you try to add it as a friend?

The ID isn't available, then when you try to add it it says not registered, basically the name will never be registered because its not available.

Sometimes Sony/the system will not allow a PSN ID to be chosen for a number of reasons, the most obvious ones are names which appear in some way to be racist, sexist or homphobic, I am sure the PSN ID you want isn't any of these, but on occasions a name you want will be rejected & you will never know the real reason why, its best to just try different versions of the name you want or perhaps choose something totally different.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2011

Yea I'm actually surprised that I got my name back in the day. But if you are not sure if an account is taken just send a friend request to the tag you want. That should let you know right away if your tag has been taken.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 13, 2011

Well thats the problem, the name doesnt break any rules. The name I was thinking had the word Infamous in it, so all I could think was maybe a trademark problem with the game?

When I try to add the name to my friends it says no such user... odd how is it that the name is unable to be used yet there is no such user...

I think maybe someone did have it and got banned or something with the name I was thinking.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
354 posts

Sep 13, 2011

you guessed it , you can't use an ID that contains copyrighted names or reference to actual ps3 game titles , you could only use infamous in your ID if it was spelled something like IN_famous or similarly , even then it can be rejected

the rules are ; no reference to game titles or copyright infringement real or potential

no names that can reveal your real name

no racist , sexist , homophopic , antisemitic or anti religious names ( basically nothing anyone might be offended by )

no symbols such as $#%&() etc.

must start with a letter and end with a letter or number , _ ( an underscore ) is used as a space if you want one

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer .

A goal is not always meant to be reached , it often serves simply as something to aim at

Bruce Lee
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I also had a problem with creating an id ... Lucky for you I found a solution. Try creating an account using another country.Worked for me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (629 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 22, 2013

samething is happaning to me 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (377 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP