Dec 30 2014
By: Centratus First Son 1 posts

Accidentally purchased the PS Vita version of a game instead of the PS3 version.

1 replies 3167 views Edited Dec 30, 2013

I was trying to purchase the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead for my cousin as Christmas present on the Playstation 3, but accidentally bought a version that apparently only works on the Playstation Vita. I didn't realize it was even possible to purchase content for systems other than the one I was using (that seems very silly...), and am now out twenty dollars and feeling a bit miffed.

I have tried searching for an email address to customer support, to file a support ticket with Sony and get this issue resolved, but the only contact information I can find are Live Chat and telephone, neither of which are 24-hour service. Why is there no email or support ticket system? Again, that seems a bit silly. My cousin will be home from his vacation tomorrow, and I'd really like to have his present ready to go by then!

Does anybody know how I can go about filing a ticket to get this issue resolved? I would either wish for a refund, so that I can purchase the correct version of the game, or to simply have my PS Vita exclusive digital copy of The Walking Dead replaced with the Playstation 3 version.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 2 (3,167 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Re: Accidentally purchased the PS Vita version of a game instead of the PS3 version.

Dec 30, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Centratus wrote:

I was trying to purchase the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead for my cousin as Christmas present on the Playstation 3, but accidentally bought a version that apparently only works on the Playstation Vita. I didn't realize it was even possible to purchase content for systems other than the one I was using (that seems very silly...), and am now out twenty dollars and feeling a bit miffed.

it has always been the case that you can purchase games for systems other than the one you are using, it is up to the user to make sure they are making the correct purchase, all games are also clearly marked as to which system they are for. It's not silly, it's the way the system works, you made a mistake that's all, it happens.

I have tried searching for an email address to customer support, to file a support ticket with Sony and get this issue resolved, but the only contact information I can find are Live Chat and telephone, neither of which are 24-hour service. Why is there no email or support ticket system? Again, that seems a bit silly. My cousin will be home from his vacation tomorrow, and I'd really like to have his present ready to go by then!

Sony removed the option to email them earlier this year, they are also for some unknown reason (and believe me i have tried to find out why) unavailable via their own listed 'live chat' feature, the only option left is to call them.

Does anybody know how I can go about filing a ticket to get this issue resolved? I would either wish for a refund, so that I can purchase the correct version of the game, or to simply have my PS Vita exclusive digital copy of The Walking Dead replaced with the Playstation 3 version.

i've listed Sony's customer contact number below, give them a call & ask for a refund request to be issued, it will though if granted take at least 5-7 days for the refund to go through.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Here's Sony's number:

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY

Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific
Average Wait Time: Up to 15 Minutes - Probably longer.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 2 (3,154 Views)