Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2013
By: spectazz_nero First Son 3 posts

Accidentally made my account under underage profile.

8 replies 1328 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

I am not a underage I accidentally put my younger brothers birthday.

How can I fix this to have a master account??

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14964 posts

Re: Accidentally made my account under underage profile.

Mar 24, 2013

I dont believe you can upgrade an account from sub to master.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (597 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2673 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (592 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 24, 2013

what is the age to have a master?

he turns 17 this tuesday

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (581 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14964 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I dont know. My account started as a master and my age was 18. Like I said you cant upgrade an account from sub to master.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (579 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14369 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

spectazz_nero wrote:

he turns 17 this tuesday

When you create a PSN account it is automatically made either a master account, or a sub-account; depending on the date-of-birth, and country, that you entered when the account was created.  If you are older than the "age of majority" in your country, then you get a master account, otherwise you get a sub-account.  The account type never changes once it is created.  In particular, a sub-account does not convert to a master account when you reach the age of majority, or at any other time.  A sub-account will always be a sub-account.  When you reach the age of majority, which is 18 in the United States, then you are expected to create a new PSN account. 

If you entered the wrong date-of-birth, which seems unlikely (You are an adult that can't remember his own birthday?), then nothing can be done about it now.  The date-of-birth for a PSN account cannot be changed once the account is created.  You will have to create a new account if you want a master account.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (570 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14964 posts

Mar 25, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

spectazz_nero wrote:

he turns 17 this tuesday

When you create a PSN account it is automatically made either a master account, or a sub-account; depending on the date-of-birth, and country, that you entered when the account was created.  If you are older than the "age of majority" in your country, then you get a master account, otherwise you get a sub-account.  The account type never changes once it is created.  In particular, a sub-account does not convert to a master account when you reach the age of majority, or at any other time.  A sub-account will always be a sub-account.  When you reach the age of majority, which is 18 in the United States, then you are expected to create a new PSN account. 

If you entered the wrong date-of-birth, which seems unlikely (You are an adult that can't remember his own birthday?), then nothing can be done about it now.  The date-of-birth for a PSN account cannot be changed once the account is created.  You will have to create a new account if you want a master account.

This makes absolutely no sense why they would do it this way...the system knows if you are no longer a minor, and yet, they didnt go a step further and allow it to automatically upgrade the account? Or at least allow it to be manually upgraded? Whats the reasoning for this?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1542 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Well yes it does, because kiddies when follow directions don't think to lie until it's too late and then they want to go back and chnage things and they can't.  Even when I was underaged I never forgot my birth date, this is cracking me up big time!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (564 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14369 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

This makes absolutely no sense why they would do it this way...the system knows if you are no longer a minor, and yet, they didnt go a step further and allow it to automatically upgrade the account? Or at least allow it to be manually upgraded? Whats the reasoning for this?

It makes some sense of you read all of the terms of service, and user agreement.  A master account belongs to the person that creates it.  A sub-account technically belongs to the parent that creates it for their child.  If the account was promoted, then content that was purchased under agreements that the parents consented to, would be inherited by the adult offspring, which did not agree to those terms.  A sub-account won't become a master account because it was created by the user's parent (at least it was supposed to be), and will always belong to the parent.  If you want any account of your own, then you have to create one when you are 18.  Having a PSN account requires that you be able to enter into a binding legal contract with Sony.  You have to be older than the age of majority to do that.  Sony doesn't actually offer Playstation Network services to minors.  Just to their parents.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (556 Views)