Mar 16 2013
By: DeVitus_US First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

AC III Tyranny of King Washington Infamy DLC not found after install

2 replies 785 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

Hi, I live in Slovakia. Since this country doesn't have a PSN store, I use US PSN store to purchase downloadable content. I have a retail version of AC III (CZ/HU localization) - no English version sold in retail here. Just recently I purchased Infamy DLC for AC III through the US store. When I run AC III, I see the Tyranny of King Washington Infamy menu (the Czech version of the name), but when I go in, the list is empty. I've tried re-downloading the content, but the situation remains the same. 

My first thought - I have a CZ/HU version of AC III with no English localization included (outrageous fact on its own, but whatever), and am trying to run through it a DLC which is localized in English (since it's bought from the US store).

So, considering that I act in the only way possible in view of my geographical location, is there any way for me to finally run this DLC worth of 9.99 USD, or have I just wasted the money?

If so, what are my options for a refund?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (785 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Re: AC III Tyranny of King Washington Infamy DLC not found after install

Mar 16, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

All sales from the PlayStation Store are considered final & no refunds are given, I would usually at this point say here's the number for Sony customer support & to try your luck at a refund, but in your case I see no point because you have purchased DLC from an entirely different country to that of your own & Sony will likely say sorry sir, this was your error.

For DLC to work it MUST be from the same country/region as the original game, this is indeed why you're having the issues you are, you have indeed wasted your money, sorry.

I'll give you the nunber anyway, it's your only hope of a refund, but I think it unlikely, here's the number for Sony US Customer Support, there is also a 'live chat option if you want to use it.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 3 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: AC III Tyranny of King Washington Infamy DLC not found after install

Mar 16, 2013
Thanks a lot! I'll try the refund option.
Message 3 of 3 (773 Views)
0 Likes