Nov 17 2013
By: lionop First Son 8 posts

AC: Black Flag download totally broken - HELP!

9 replies 186 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

Downloaded from PSN.  It installs, loads, etc.  But it freezes the whole console at the same point every time right after the opening cutscene - when it tells you to move with the "L" stick and move the camera with the "R" stick.  Yeah, I knew that.  What I don't know is why this game that I payed over $60 for won't work when I've had no other problems with psn.  I'm currently re-downloading it and seeing if that helps.  If it doesn't I can get a refund right?  I mean$60 for an opening cutscene!!!?  Any other suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Re: AC: Black Flag download totally broken - HELP!

Nov 17, 2013
It might help to mention what system you're running it on.

I'm sure you would get a refund if they can't help you get it running.
Message 2 of 10 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Launch system.  I know some people might think, "Oh well that's why it's not working", but I havent had any other problems.  I actually erased another dl game because the faq said double the space required is reccommended.  I think it might have something to do with Uplay, which has never worked right for me.

Message 3 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Yeah, you have to have double the space for the download or whatever.

Uplay is crap in all the times I've messed with it. I've played two games that had uplay and it was pretty dang awful
Message 4 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Downloaded again and same thing happens, have to shutdown with the button every time.  **bleep**.

Message 5 of 10 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Are you downloading over a wireless or hardwire connection? For best results with downloading anything of that size i have always had the best results over a hardwire connection and making sure there is no other activity going through my router. And download it from account management> transaction management> downloads list, instead of from inside of the store.
Walk away and let it do its thing and do not click download in background. Hope that helps, good luck.
Message 6 of 10 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 21, 2013

I'm always hooked up with ehthernet.  But I'm going to try to download it one more time and see if I can try it your way.  This is really annoying because I've never had a problem with downloaded games before.  But I had almost the exact same experience with AC3 on PC.  If re-d/l again doesn't work I'll have to trya and contact them, which seems like a nightmare being on hold forever...Bottom line is theyt can't possibly expect p-eople to pay for broken games.  It freezes in the same place every time!

Message 7 of 10 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Redownloaded following those instructions and it's the exact same thing.  I'm going to re-d/l one more time and then disconnect before I start the game to avoid the mandatory update just to see if that works.  PRobably won't considering nothing else has. 

Message 8 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Tried again.  Keeps freezing.  Pathetic.  I've wasted too much time on this.  Refund or I'll just dispute with my cc company..

Message 9 of 10 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 21, 2013
That sucks you are having this much trouble out of it. Such a good game too. I think in order to get a refund you will have to call customer service and explain your situation, if they try to send you to the forums tell them you have already been there and still no solution. Base users couldn't help and moderation never responded. Not saying it will definitely get you a refund or not, but its your best option. Try to stay patient and polite.

WARNING! Do not dispute the transaction with your credit card because if they do not make the payment your psn account will get banned, more than likely permanently.

Next time you are buying a big title game like this keep this situation in mind. Physical copies always have and always will trump digital downloads.
Message 10 of 10 (129 Views)
0 Likes