Apr 28 2012
By: Z17Oc First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

A question about BLES packets in US

2 replies 84 views Edited Apr 28, 2012

So here's the whole story -

I live in the United States. My PS3 is synced to this region, bought and activated in the US. A friend of mine lives in New Zealand and recently gave me a $30 PSN card. I know about the region restrictions with the PS store, so I created a new PSN ID and made the region New Zealand. I don't know if this is against the rules or not, if so I'm truly sorry, but continuing. I redeemed the code and proceeded to download the MW3 DLC bundle. I purchased and downloaded it without any problems. It installed and I started up MW3 on the same account. After going to multiplayer and trying to join a game through the DLC game playlist, it said the content was missing or damaged. I figured this was because I'm trying to use BLES DLC content in the United Stated, when the US has BLUS DLC content.

My question comes down to this: Is it possible to get some sort of swap, or any way to change the BLES DLC content to the US region so I'm able to use the content? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41822 posts

Re: A question about BLES packets in US

Apr 28, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Sorry but DLC is not region-free & has to match that of the original game, there is also no way to "swap" it out for the correct version.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Re: A question about BLES packets in US

Apr 28, 2012

Disappointing to know. Ah well. I suppose I'll wait a week and buy the bundle through the US PS store. Thanks for the information.

Message 3 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes