Sep 07 2012
By: Guyzel_Dreighten First Son 19 posts

A Questiong Regarding Error 80022D05

7 replies 981 views Edited Sep 7, 2012

Greetings,

I have a question regarding a possible fix for the error 80022D05. This is an error I get whenever I try to sync trophies with the server.

After reading various bits of information on the issue it sounds like the "best" way to fix the problem is to just back up all of of the saved game data, delete the user account with the problem, and start again. Unfortunately, I have too much saved data to back up online (PlayStation Plus has only 150 MB, while I have 198 MB saved). My external harddrive requires two USB ports, and my PS3 only has two, which means my controller doesn't work if I use the external drive...

My question is this... I have two user accounts on my PS3: one is my main, called Blue Leader, and there's another one called Red Leader that I rarely use. Would it work to simply copy all of the saved data over to the Red Leader account, delete Blue Leader, and then re-sync all of the information via the Red Leader account (log in with PSN username, sync trophies, and so on)? Or would that not work because it's a different user account?

Or would it work for me to simply create a whole new user account now, and copy the data over?

Message 1 of 8 (981 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

Re: A Questiong Regarding Error 80022D05

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012
  • You could buy a USB hub to connect to your PS3. That will add a couple of extra USB ports.

Also, does your HDTV have a USB port? See if it supplies enough power for your HDD.  If so, there you go, it i just a matter of positioning your PS3 at the right place/level. This will leave one one USB port for external HDD data transfer & another port for the controller.

NOTE: Your external HDD must be FAT32 otherwise the PS3 wont recognize it.

The problem with your "alternative solutions" is that you cannot transfer game-save data from user account to another. Secondly, I'm pretty sure your alternate user accounts "Red Leader" is already associated to an PSN ID.

As you already know, will have to backup your main user account, delete it, create a new user account and sign up for the PSN using your existing PSN ID [the one you are using with your main user account] then restore your files.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 8 (971 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

Even creating an entirely new user account and copying over the saved game data wouldn't work (and deleting the original user thereafter, of course)? Bummer.

Unfortunately, my TV doesn't have any USB ports. Though I never thought about buying a USB hub...

I guess transfering the saved game data to an external drive is my only option. What a pain.

If I do that, would I have to back up the entire user data (basically, creating a back-up of the entire system as if I'm transfering everything to a completely new PS3 console), or just the saved game data? I don't really care if I lose pictures and things like that, I'm just concerned about my game saves and trophy data.

I sure wish there was another fix to this problem rather than wiping out the entire user account...

Though I am a little confused... If game saves can't be transferred between user accounts on the same PS3 console, how would backing up the game saves, deleting the current "Blue Leader" account, and recreating a new one help? The new one would be a different user account from the original, so wouldn't I still run into that same problem?

Message 3 of 8 (963 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

Guyzel_Dreighten wrote:

Even creating an entirely new user account and copying over the saved game data wouldn't work (and deleting the original user thereafter, of course)? Bummer.

That's what you are supposed to do; just that within the system, you cannot transfer game-save files among user accounts. Each user account game save files are independent from other user accounts; this is one of the reason one would create a user account to keep game data files separated. Simply put, there is no option/utility in the PS3 system that will allow you to transfer game save files from one user account to another. The only way to transfer these from one user account to another is by backing up/copying these files from one user account to an external USB device and restoring them into a new/another user account. NOTE: There are games which game save files locked to your PSN ID, these game save files will only work under a user account associated to that PSN ID. This is one of the reasons you cannot use just any user account. The main reason being that the whole reason you are doing this is for your trophies. Your trophy history is tied to your PSN ID and they will follow it wherever it goes. A user account that is already associated to a PSN ID cannot be used with another PSN ID. One user account per PSN ID.

Unfortunately, my TV doesn't have any USB ports. Though I never thought about buying a USB hub...

Getting one is never a bad idea.

I guess transfering the saved game data to an external drive is my only option. What a pain.

If I do that, would I have to back up the entire user data (basically, creating a back-up of the entire system as if I'm transfering everything to a completely new PS3 console),

Yeah, the backup utility  will backup everything.

or just the saved game data? I don't really care if I lose pictures and things like that, I'm just concerned about my game saves.

|You can manually back up each game save file to an external device. So check which game safe files have been uploaded to the PSN server and manually copy the missing ones to a USB thumb drive(s).

I sure wish there was another fix to this problem rather than wiping out the entire user account...

The other solution is to run the game that has the trophy data for corrupted trophies. Running this game will reinstall the trophy data and this could fix your problem.

Though I am a little confused... If game saves can't be transferred between user accounts on the same PS3 console, how would backing up the game saves, deleting the current "Blue Leader" account, and recreating a new one help? The new one would be a different user account from the original, so wouldn't I still run into that same problem?

Answered above.

Message 4 of 8 (949 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

Xuchilbara wrote:

That's what you are supposed to do; just that within the system, you cannot transfer game-save files among user accounts. Each user account game save files are independent from other user accounts; this is one of the reason one would create a user account to keep game data files separated. Simply put, there is no option/utility in the PS3 system that will allow you to transfer game save files from one user account to another. The only way to transfer these from one user account to another is by backing up/copying these files from one user account to an external USB device and restoring them into a new/another user account. NOTE: There are games which game save files locked to your PSN ID, these game save files will only work under a user account associated to that PSN ID. This is one of the reasons you cannot use just any user account. The main reason being that the whole reason you are doing this is for your trophies. Your trophy history is tied to your PSN ID and they will follow it wherever it goes. A user account that is already associated to a PSN ID cannot be used with another PSN ID. One user account per PSN ID.

I'm still a little confused about this part. I apologize if I sound like a dunce, but I'm just a little unclear about this still. Not to mention that I really don't want to mess up.

When I go into the game saves folder, there is an option where I can copy over one or multiple game saves to a different user account on the same PS3 system (for the files that are locked I've already uploaded them to the PS Plus online storage). I tried a couple for the heck of it, and they did copy over to the other user. Whether or not I was able to play them I'm not sure, I didn't have time to check.

But copying them over this way probably wont work? As in, I could copy over all of the save game data that I could to a newly-created user account that hasn't been linked to a PSN ID, delete the original user account that's having the issue, and then link the new account to my current PSN ID? That probably wouldn't work?

And if I do back up the data to an external harddrive, would I have to back up all of the data from the system, or just the saved game data? I don't think I have a harddrive big enough to back up all of the data on my PS3...

The problem started when I tried to play Borderlands a couple days ago. It needed to reinstall, but at the same time it also tried to update... and it crashed. After that I got a different error code every time I tried to play a game. I did a few resets in safe mode and tried a few of the options there and this error was corrected,  but then the error mentioned above started up when I tried to sync trophies. I tried starting up Borderlands again today, but the problem still remains.

Though as I type this, I'm wondering if the problem isn't from Borderlands, but from another game? I also have been playing Max Payne 3, and since this problem started the Max Payne 3 trophies have completely disappeared from my system. Similarly, when I try to play Metal Gear Solid 3 from the HD collection, it's not even registering that I'm playing it in the trophy section. Usually when I play a game it brings it up to the top of my trophy list, but with MGS3 it's not doing this or granting trophies.

I suppose there could be a few things that caused this error in the first place...

Message 5 of 8 (936 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Guyzel_Dreighten wrote:

I'm still a little confused about this part. I apologize if I sound like a dunce, but I'm just a little unclear about this still. Not to mention that I really don't want to mess up.

When I go into the game saves folder, there is an option where I can copy over one or multiple game saves to a different user account on the same PS3 system (for the files that are locked I've already uploaded them to the PS Plus online storage). I tried a couple for the heck of it, and they did copy over to the other user. Whether or not I was able to play them I'm not sure, I didn't have time to check.

There is no need to apologize. The copy-to-another user account option is news to me. Perhaps they added this with or after PS+ was introduced.  I tried it myself, it did copy the files to new user account [these files are for Batman Arkhan Asylum] and when I played the game it worked.

But copying them over this way probably wont work? As in, I could copy over all of the save game data that I could to a newly-created user account that hasn't been linked to a PSN ID, delete the original user account that's having the issue, and then link the new account to my current PSN ID? That probably wouldn't work?

Yes, this could work.

And if I do back up the data to an external harddrive, would I have to back up all of the data from the system, or just the saved game data? I don't think I have a harddrive big enough to back up all of the data on my PS3...

The problem started when I tried to play Borderlands a couple days ago. It needed to reinstall, but at the same time it also tried to update... and it crashed. After that I got a different error code every time I tried to play a game. I did a few resets in safe mode and tried a few of the options there and this error was corrected,  but then the error mentioned above started up when I tried to sync trophies. I tried starting up Borderlands again today, but the problem still remains.

Usually these errors are solved by deleting the game data under Game/Game Data Utility for the game in question, which in this case is Borderland, and then reinstalling everything. If problem persist then we move to Safe Mode and use Restore File System, which usually solves most problems; but it doesn't  then we move to Rebuilt Data Base

You can manually  copy each game save file to an external USB device.Just like how you are copying game save files to another user account, if there is a USB deviced connected to the PS3, this will show on that list. So you would choose Copy Multiple then select the USB device from the list, etc.

Though as I type this, I'm wondering if the problem isn't from Borderlands, but from another game? I also have been playing Max Payne 3, and since this problem started the Max Payne 3 trophies have completely disappeared from my system. Similarly, when I try to play Metal Gear Solid 3 from the HD collection, it's not even registering that I'm playing it in the trophy section. Usually when I play a game it brings it up to the top of my trophy list, but with MGS3 it's not doing this or granting trophies.

Run MaxPayne and see if it reinstall/checks its trophy data. If the problem were to be MGS3 then you would have to uninstall the game as its game data, then re-download it and install it.

Btw, remember that you can download all your DLC from Sign In/Account Management/Transaction Management/Download List

I suppose there could be a few things that caused this error in the first place...

Message 6 of 8 (925 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

Xuchilbara wrote:

Alrighty, thank you for all of your help and advice. It is much appreciated.

I tried running Borderlands, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid, and any other game I could think I've that I've played recently, and nothing fixed the issue. Though I may be missing a game or two... my trophy list is all out of order now, and a couple games I haven't played in months are now at the top of the list, while games I played just last week are scattered throughout, so it's hard to tell if I'm missing another chunk of trophy data for a game or two.

I think I'll go ahead and try copying the data to a new user, deleting the original account, and relinking my PSN ID to the new account-- deleting the original user account should "free" the PSN ID to be linked to another account correct?

Just to be safe, I think I'll also make a back-up of the saved game data to an external drive as well...

Message 7 of 8 (912 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2013
ok just wanna say that finding out the last game you played and knowing that it had the corrupt trophy data does work. MY ps3 turned itself on one morning and i turned it off as i had to go to work and well when i turned it on the next time it of course yelled at me for turning it off the wrong way and i think it screwed up my trophy data for that game so i just went to that game it reinstalled the data and fixed my trophy sync
Message 8 of 8 (467 Views)
0 Likes