Highlighted
Mar 17 2012
By: ItalianGamer97 First Son 11 posts
Accepted Solution

A PSN problem

3 replies 54 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

I had a PSP Go (which screen got glitchy), but I forgot to deactivate it before returning it to the store (and exchanging it with the PSP 3000 I have now.) And it shows up in my devices in my Sony Entertainment Network Account management. Should I just ignore it? should I call SCEA's customer service? What should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (54 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28800 posts

Re: A PSN problem

Mar 18, 2012

You could ignore it for now.  You can have two PSPs activated as a time, so it isn't stopping you from downloading any content to your PSP-3000.  If you purchased another PSP in the future, you would have to deactivate the Go before you could activate your second PSP.  As you don't have the PSP Go, you would have to deactivate all of your Playstation consoles to clear the PSP Go from your PSN profile.  If you don't have a PS3, then maybe you should do it now, before you download content to your PSP-3000; if you think that you might want to buy another PSP in the future.  If you have an activated PS3 also, then I would just leave it alone until you need to activate another PSP.

You can delete all consoles from your PSN account in Account Management on the Sony Entertainment Network web site.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/devices/device-media-list.action

Click the down-arrow under Game, and then click the Deactivate All button.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 7, 2012

That helped with clearing out the devices in the Game section but I still need to deactivate all devices in music and video. I wish you could deactivate all devices in music and video via the SEN account manager.

Message 3 of 4 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 7, 2012

Well I don't see myself getting another PSP, and I got a PS3 recently and downloaded content to both, so I might as well ignore it. But I'm considering a Vita and PSN only lets you have two activated handhelds and the psp go i used to have won't let me activate a Vita while leaving my PSP-3000 activated.

Message 4 of 4 (54 Views)
0 Likes