Nov 10 2011
By: Quicksilver7716 First Son 5 posts

80028ED4 Error - Need help

8 replies 3441 views Edited Nov 10, 2011

Ok so some background info on this error. I just bought a PS3 last Thursday so I could play Battlefield 3 and MW3. Well after having a few small problems connecting the PS3 to my wireless network I finally got it connected by setting a static IP for the PS3 and adding the IP address of the PS3 to the DMZ zone on my router. So my connection problems were solved and I could download the BF3 update and play online with out any problems.

Well I bought MW3 on Tuesday and have been unable to download the required 20MB update to play online. After Multiple tries the download always stops between 55-11% and then times out. The download always gets between 5-11% complete berore and then stops while the download timer continues to add more time to the completion time. Then the download times out  and I reveive the error code 80028ED4. I have restarted my DSL modem and router several times and have also made sure that the PS3 was the only system trying to access the internet by shutting down all other wired and wireless devices.

The odd thing about this error is that I can go from getting the error code with MW3 to playing BF3 online with no problems. Which leads me to think it is not my network. Also when Itest my network connection via the built-in tester on the PS3 every thing will work and I have a NAT Type 2 connection. But when ever I try to download the MW3 update it always times out.

I need some help here as I have already contacted my ISP and had them do a test on the modem which came back as working fine. They will not help with the set up of a game system.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: 80028ED4 Error - Need help

Nov 11, 2011

So an update to my problem. I went out and bought a 160GB slim system and set it up. I was successful in downloading the MW3 update to that system but unwanted my saved game data and fom what I read the only way to transfer saved game data is to use the transfer utility which wiped the HDD of the 160GB system I just bought. Well after the transfer completed I an now unable to download the MW3 update again. The only difference between the systems, the original one I bought last week and the one I bougt yesterday is that I had the saved game data and the 200MB update file which I downloaded so I could play online.

I am very close to just returning both systems as this is too frustrating. Any help or advice would be more than appreciated.

Message 2 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 11, 2011

So nobody has ever had this problem. There are 117 views on my problem and no help. Going back to my Xbox 360 is more tempting every day.

Message 3 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 11, 2011

Currently doing a Full factory reset. I can't believe how freaking long it takes. I can format a 2TB drive in the time it takes to format this 160GB drive.

I am very disappointed in the state of these forums. No help, not even a suggestion after 24 hours. I really want to play MW3 with my friends.

Message 4 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Nov 12, 2011

The PSN has been having problems ALL WEEK (even though SONY won't admit it) and even i am having problems connecting to ANY game online this includes PSH (playstation Home)

just return 1 of your ps3's (since you bought it just to test things any way) and give it a day or 2 to see if things get cleared up.

THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM ON YOUR END this is a problem with Playstation network!

Message 5 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 14, 2011

I got it working saturday morning. A full reset and HDD wipe was needed. Its not the network because I have friends who are able to play online with out any problems. Also I stated that I was able to play battlefield 3 online with out any problems right after getting the error when downloading the MW3 update.

In closing i would like to thank you for the advice.

I also want to state that these forums are terrable. No help or suggestions on my problem, until after i had fixed it. I most likely could have gotten a faster response anywhere else. Also not having a Recent topics list really sucks. I am a member on 30+ tech forums and they all have a recent topics page. It seems like this forum section was an after thought by Sony. There doesnt seem to be any staff or official support by Sony heere either. I am shocked as Motorola has some of their own people Moding their forums.Also a welcome section would be nice wit an official Welcome thread.

Good Day.

Message 6 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 31, 2012

try upluging you modem and router for about 5 minutes. or mabey its the dns servers your using try to look up the best ones in your area and use them for your ps3 hopelly one of these will be a soulotion.

Message 7 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20021 posts

May 31, 2012

They figured out what to do 6 months ago. Check the last post before you necro-bumped this.

Message 8 of 9 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Oct 15, 2013

it still helps to have answers on here im back 3 years later. thats what we need is answers on here so people can look up answers to there question, but doesnt look like anyone uses this thing anymore

Message 9 of 9 (1,546 Views)
0 Likes