Highlighted
Feb 08 2013
By: Oppie4jr First Son 2 posts

500gb white edition is cheaply made!

4 replies 160 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

I recently purchased the White edition 500gb thinking it was going to be an amazing system and it turns out that it is garbage! It freezes my games when playing, it downloads games at slow pace with 5+ hours to finish downloading. It also installs 16mb of data to 7+gb of data between 20min - 90min! I want my money back for this poorly made system.

Message 1 of 5 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41713 posts

Re: 500gb white edition is cheaply made!

Feb 8, 2013

Oppie4jr wrote:

I recently purchased the White edition 500gb thinking it was going to be an amazing system and it turns out that it is garbage! It freezes my games when playing, it downloads games at slow pace with 5+ hours to finish downloading. It also installs 16mb of data to 7+gb of data between 20min - 90min! I want my money back for this poorly made system.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

So you think it's cheaply made, but the problems you say you're experiencing have absolutely nothing to do with how you say it's made.

If you're not happy with it take it back for a refund/replacement.

BRIT-KO.

EDIT: Still not convincd this isn't a 'T'.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 5 (156 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5068 posts

Feb 8, 2013
ALL PS3s are cheaply made. That's the essence of mass-production. However, it's only the case that's different. They wouldn't have made your unit up from all the bits that the Sony elves threw on the floor in disgust.
Message 3 of 5 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 9, 2013

I couldn't return it to Gamestop for a refund. It's against policy. Yes the white edition is poorly made! My 320gb doesn't give me the problems the white one did. Quit thinking you know it all because you work for Sony. Read other forums if you doubt me.

Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31431 posts

Feb 10, 2013

If you had been reading the forums, you would know that BRIT-KO doesn't work for Sony. Neither do it.  If you read the specifications for the while PS3, and compare them to the 320GB Slim, you will note that their performance specifications are basically the same.  The different physical shape of the super-slim can affect its wireless networking performance, if the PS3 was too far from the router to begin with; but otherwise the new PS3 isn't any slower than the 320GB slim in any way. If it's downloading slower than either you have a network issue, or you have a defective PS3.  The problem isn't the design, or the manufacturing in general.  If you have a network problem, then it isn't going to fix itself.  Work the problem.  Blaming the console is a waste of your time, and ours.  If the console really is to blame, then it is defective. Not "cheaply" designed.  Send it in to Sony for warranty service, and get your next PS3 at Best Buy.  You can return defective products there for a refund.  

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (107 Views)