Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2012
By: venomskull1998 First Son 2 posts

4.31 update button not working on playstation.com.

3 replies 138 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

When I go to playstation.com to download the new 4.31 update for the ps3 to an external hard drive it directs me to the PC update method, and when I click on the download button it does nothing but load. I have the right folder structure and everything but it still does not work, is there something wrong with the website? Or are other people having this problem.Download Now<--- This button does not work for me. :smileymad: I did download it once but I accidentally delete it because I was trying to make to so the Ps3 would read it.

Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18718 posts

Re: 4.31 update button not working on playstation.com.

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

|Welcome to the PS Community.

venomskull1998 wrote:

When I go to playstation.com to download the new 4.31 update for the ps3 to an external hard drive it directs me to the PC update method,

If you are downloading the firmware update from the website, then you are doing the PC method.

and when I click on the download button it does nothing but load.

Clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button work fine for me. The file gets pushed and my browser prompts me to download it.

I have the right folder structure and everything but it still does not work, is there something wrong with the website?

The external device to which you are saving the firmware too must be FAT32 format, if not the PS3 wont read from it.

Or are other people having this problem.Download Now<--- This button does not work for me. :smileymad: I did download it once but I accidentally delete it because I was trying to make to so the Ps3 would read it.

If you are using add-ons like NoScript or any other addon that blocks JavaScript, then disable them or make sure to allow www.playstation.com. If you are not using any add-ons like these, then try downloading with another web-browser.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I got it to work now, thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 4 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18718 posts

Dec 24, 2012

venomskull1998 wrote:

I got it to work now, thanks for the help!

You are welcome

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes