May 18 2013
By: superawsome First Son 9 posts

30 mbps download, 12-14 upload and an A with ping test, slow online gaming

5 replies 351 views Edited May 18, 2013

I just dont understand why when I play games it lags so much, and I dont even play games where that much is going on, just MLB the show mainly. Im wired in with my ps3 and I have these numbers when I test on my computer. I thought it was the modem/router phone internet modem they put in (I have cox communications), but I got just a normal modem with a separate router and its still bad. It'll start out alright when I play, and get progressively worse as the game goes on, like everything will slow down/lag when more things are happening. I just wanna make sure that these numbers are pretty good, right? I've called multiple times, but they say everything is fine and the speed tests show its fine. The connection was fine though before they put these new modems in, I also thought it might be the splitter, but its always been there. I dont know whats wrong? I just wanna get to #1 in MLB the show and I can barely even play lol, it's not just that game that lags though.

Message 1 of 6 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: 30 mbps download, 12-14 upload and an A with ping test, slow online gaming

May 18, 2013
Here's a link to the port numbers you need to open. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/kw/ps3%20port%20numbers One of the best things to do is YouTube PSN open ports if you want to get a idea how its done. I know with routers they are not set up the same but YouTube videos help with the same example Smiley Happy I will check back and see if you need any more help Smiley Wink
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 2 of 6 (349 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 18, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Here's a link to the port numbers you need to open. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/kw/ps3%20port%20numbers One of the best things to do is YouTube PSN open ports if you want to get a idea how its done. I know with routers they are not set up the same but YouTube videos help with the same example Smiley Happy I will check back and see if you need any more help Smiley Wink

alright, thanks a lot, I'll look through it and see if I can figure it out

Message 3 of 6 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 18, 2013
Your welcome
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 4 of 6 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 18, 2013

deaofly wrote:

I fixed it! Im so happy! my ports are open 4 business, when I get to number 1 in the show, I'll be sure to thank you

Message 5 of 6 (339 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 18, 2013

superawsome wrote:

deaofly wrote:

I fixed it! Im so happy! my ports are open 4 business, when I get to number 1 in the show, I'll be sure to thank you

I guess I didnt fix it, because it's still doing again, seemed like it was better when I played 1st game, but just the same now. I opened all the ports in the link for psn under port range forwarding, enabled them all. matched the IP up correctly, pretty sure I did all that right.I have unpn enabled and available too. It does say on my ps3 IP address 192.168.1.113 (the one I set it to), but default router 192.168.1.1, same as primary dns. The port range forwarding is set to the 113 IP, but I can change my router IP too, dont think thats it though, but just checking. Are there any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 6 (317 Views)
0 Likes