Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2011
By: tsukasa1288 First Son 7 posts

3 separate credit cards all failing to purchase PlayStation Store content with error "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."

13 replies 16439 views Edited Nov 27, 2011

The same credit card I have been using since last January has suddenly stopped working on the PlayStation Store. I keep getting an error saying that my credit card information is not correct and to double check my credentials. I reentered my information and I still get the same error. I then called my bank to make sure that my card was not locked and everything is OK with my card. I then proceeded to try a different credit card and still got the same error. Finally I waited over 24 hours to make sure there was no lock on my PSN account and then tried a 3rd credit card and still got the same error.

I’m at a complete loss on what to do now. Any ideas on what happened to my account?

Not sure if this information will help but he last successful wallet funding was on my account was on 06/21/2011.

Thanks in advance for your help.

UPDATE:

I tried using my debit card but it failed as well. I've called all of my finacal insitutuions again. They told me that Sony's $1.00 hold was approved every time I tried to make a purchase so everything is clear and the address I have linked to my accounts all match completely. I'm 100% sure the issue is on Sony's side at this point. I also went ahead and purchased a PSN prepaid card, but using those cards are both inconvenient (gotta go out of the way to buy one) and always leaves random amounts of money stuck in limbo. I talked to the customer service supervisor and he told me that he will bring up this issue in the next meeting with his supervisors. I recommend anyone else who is having this issue to call and increase call volume over this problem.

UPDATE 2:

I tried using my mothers credit card and my friends credit card who is able to make purchases on his PSN account. Both of them failed as well. This problem just keeps getting more complicated.

Message 5 of 14 (16,439 Views)
MVP Support
17766 posts

Re: 3 separate credit cards all failing to purchase PlayStation Store content with error "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."

Nov 27, 2011

When it says "check your entries carefully" it means everything must be exactly like it is on your billing statement including capitalization and punctuation. Have you tried adding funds thru qriocity.com?

Message 1 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Re: 3 separate credit cards all failing to purchase PlayStation Store content with error "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."

Nov 27, 2011

tsukasa1288 wrote:

The same credit card I have been using since last January has suddenly stopped working on the PlayStation Store. I keep getting an error saying that my credit card information is not correct and to double check my credentials. I reentered my information and I still get the same error. I then called my bank to make sure that my card was not locked and everything is OK with my card. I then proceeded to try a different credit card and still got the same error. Finally I waited over 24 hours to make sure there was no lock on my PSN account and then tried a 3rd credit card and still got the same error.

I’m at a complete loss on what to do now. Any ideas on what happened to my account?

Not sure if this information will help but he last successful wallet funding was on my account was on 06/21/2011.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have just filed it down to "it happens". I haven't been able to use my card for quite a while, and no customer service has been able to fix it.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 2 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 27, 2011

When I updated my info I doubled checked it with my credit card statement. And I also tried adding funds using qriocity, media go, and my ps3. Thanks though.

Message 3 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 27, 2011

Yeah, the customer service rep I spoke to was completely useless. She told me my internet connection was the problem, haha.

Message 4 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Are you guys from Canada? As I am, and I have the same problem. All the info is correct, the credit card company did hold $1.00 so that means PSN is not letting the transaction to go through.

Message 6 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30444 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Have either of you tried adding your funds through the Qriocity website?

http://qriocity.com/us/en/

Message 7 of 14 (16,439 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I am having the same issue.I was purchasing games just fine and then it stopped working with the same exact card.  I have tried 3 different credit cards. Customer service was a joke! They blamed my internet connection which wasn't the issue. Then they said they were doing maintence which wasn't true.

Message 8 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 4, 2011

Same problem here.

Tried 5 different cards. 3 VISA, 1 VISA Debit and 1 MasterCard. All failed with "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."

ps3.png

Message 9 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Dec 6, 2011

this has been a problem FOR YEARS! when I updated my info a long time ago to change the expiration date of the card on the account, the system never accepted it again. It is all on Sony b/c I use the same card number on tons of different sites to purchase things but it never worked again on the PSN. It's not my bank, it's not my internet, it's Sony's error and I have no idea why they have never bothered to fix it.

I was resigned to the fact that my card would never work again on the PSN so I have to purchase PSN cards to buy content. This might be your only alternative :-/

Message 10 of 14 (16,439 Views)
0 Likes