Jan 20 2013
By: sna269 First Son 2 posts

3 Playstation3's in one House Hold. WHAT DO I DO?

5 replies 168 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

For about two years now me and my older of my two younger brothers have owned a PS3 system. Recently my youngest brother recieved another PS3 system for his birthday. And to limit the number of accounts that credit card numbers were on we all share the same one from DLC and money and PSN cards(the one I am using to make this topic with). Right after he got his system for his birthday he went out and bought a $20 PSN card and put it on this account and bought DLC from a game called Little Big Planet 2. Well I too went out and spent my money on a $50 PSN card for the Black Ops 2 Season Pass. Me and the older brother of the two want to have this account activated on our systems so we can share the map packs that come out, but my youngest brother cannot use his DLC that he bought because his PS3 is not activated through this account. 

How do I make it so all the ps3's can use all of the DLC without 1 or the other getting screwed over.

Please help,

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: 3 Playstation3's in one House Hold. WHAT DO I DO?

Jan 20, 2013

sna269 wrote:

For about two years now me and my older of my two younger brothers have owned a PS3 system. Recently my youngest brother recieved another PS3 system for his birthday. And to limit the number of accounts that credit card numbers were on we all share the same one from DLC and money and PSN cards(the one I am using to make this topic with). Right after he got his system for his birthday he went out and bought a $20 PSN card and put it on this account and bought DLC from a game called Little Big Planet 2. Well I too went out and spent my money on a $50 PSN card for the Black Ops 2 Season Pass. Me and the older brother of the two want to have this account activated on our systems so we can share the map packs that come out, but my youngest brother cannot use his DLC that he bought because his PS3 is not activated through this account. 

How do I make it so all the ps3's can use all of the DLC without 1 or the other getting screwed over.

Please help,

Thank you.

You don't. The activation limit changed and there's no going back.

Message 2 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 20, 2013

That's gay. Then is there a way I can transfer my littlest brother's DLC to his own account? I'm willing to try anything here.

Message 3 of 6 (156 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39992 posts

Jan 20, 2013

sna269 wrote:

Please help,

Thank you.

Just confirming what ne1 said, the limit is now 2 PS3's, it used to be 5, sorry!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 6 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39992 posts

Jan 20, 2013

sna269 wrote:

That's gay. Then is there a way I can transfer my littlest brother's DLC to his own account? I'm willing to try anything here.

DLC is not transferable, once it's downloaded it's tied to an account not a PS3.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 6 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
29327 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

None of you are getting screwed over.  It is you that is doing the screwing.  If you read the Playstation Store terms of service, you will find that you are not allowed to share Playstation Store content with your brothers, unless you are using the same PS3.  Once each of you gets your own PS3, then you have to buy your own games,  DLC, and subscriptions.  The fact that you live in the same household is irrelevant. The Playstation Store license doesn't allow unlimited sharing within a household, or mention households at all. You can only install on two PS3s at a time, and they are both supposed to be your PS3s. That was always the rule, even when the activation limit was higher. It was just easier to ignore the rule when there were more activations, which is why we get only two now. You are only allowed to share Playstation Store content with your minor children, if they use a PS3 that isn't yours for some reason (divorce, live with grandparents, etc.).

Your youngest brother should deactivate his account on both of the other PS3s, and then he will be able to activate his account on his own PS3, and download his DLC to it.  Problem solved. As far as sharing the season pass is concerned, you were never actually allowed to do that anyway under the terms of the subscription, so you have no cause to complain if the PS3 doesn't accommodate you. There is no sharing of map packs allowed, and the activation limit is there to enforce that.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (149 Views)
0 Likes