Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2012
By: BeatDownBen First Son 2 posts

$20 PSN Card "the funds could not be added to your wallet"

7 replies 1251 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

So yesterday I bought a $20 PSN card from Gamestop.  When I got home and tried to use it I got the message "The funds could not be added to your wallet."  I have looked online for help for this and haven't found any solutions.  Here is what I can tell you

1) I am using a Master Account

2) The system recognizes the card has $20 so it's authentic and activated

3) My wallet is practically at $0 dollars so it's not a limit problem

4) I tried adding money via my Credit Card and that worked

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (1,251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: $20 PSN Card "the funds could not be added to your wallet"

Dec 24, 2012

Having the exact same issue. This is the first card I've bought. Sort of souring me on the experience.

Message 2 of 8 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I've actually had this problem myself before. I kept on trying and trying and trying but it said the same thing. But then I tried again later and it said it was already redeemed.  I contacted sony customer support and gave them a picture of the card code and reciept. A few days later, they added $20 into my wallet. But the odd part was that they said they had no trouble redeeming it.

Anyways, assuming you still have the card and reciept, I"d suggest doing what I did, which is going to support and giving them a pic of your card and reciept.

Message 3 of 8 (1,231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I've got that problem too.  Phoned up the store I bought the card from, and they passed the buck onto PSN, refusing to do anything.....last bloody time I buy a card from there I'll tell you what.  Anyway, I'm on the phone with support, currently on hold, so I suppose I'll see what they'll do about it.

Message 4 of 8 (1,220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I had the issue as well. It was a card I got instore and tried adding it through the ps store "redeem a code". That  didn't work (although my message was just 'error' )  so i got another $20 from the website and that worked no problem.

I was playing around in account management (I was going to use the card to renew my ps + and didn't want it also taking it out of my credit card)  and I saw the option to redeem a code and gave the old 3 box input. Decided why not and gave it a try and it worked for me.  

Hope it does for you because customer service numbers can be a pain.

So in the XMB ->  Playstation Network -> Account Management -> Redeem Codes -> Success

Message 5 of 8 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 25, 2012
I actually redeem through account management normally and I already tried every place to redeem a code, thanks though
Message 6 of 8 (1,164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2012

WELL, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, BUT I KNOW WHATS THE PROBLEM, THE THING IS IF U OPEN LETS SAY AN ACCOUNT AND U OPEN IT LIKE U LIVE IN UNITED KINGDOM, AND THEN U GOT TO UNITED STATES AND BUY A PLAYSTATION CARD AND TRY TO FUND IT ON UR ACCOUNT THAT WAS CREATED IN UNITED KINGDOM, IT WONT WORK, U HAVE TO CREAT A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE U LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES SO IT WOULD GO THROUGH... IT SEEMS LIKE THAT CARDS NUMBERS ARE ASIGNED TO EACH COUNTRY, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, THAT I CURRENTLY LIVE IN SPAIN, BUT AM PORTUGUESE AND MY ACCOUNT WAS CREATED WHEN I LIVED THERE, SO NOW I BOUGHT A 20 EURO CARD, AND I CANT FUND IT ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSE I BOUGH IT IN SPAIN AND MY ACCOUNT IS FROM PROTUGAL, I HAVE ANOTHER ACCOUNT OPENED IN SPAIN AND IT WORKS.... I DONT KNOW WHY YOU CANT CHANGE ACCOUNT COUNTRY LOCATION, I HAVE LIVED IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND I ALWAYS HAVE TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT...

Message 7 of 8 (1,120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 26, 2012
I'm having the same problem. I got a $20 card as a gift. I have under $2 in my account right now. Tried redeeming the code in the Store and under Account Management but neither are working even though it recognizes the card has $20 on it. Not sure what to do.
Message 8 of 8 (1,110 Views)
0 Likes