Oct 06 2012
By: SWITCH_00599 First Son 13 posts

$20 BUCKS OF INJUSTICE

[ Edited ]
5 replies 309 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

ok So It all started back when ps3 came out everybody was excited and playing CoD MW online so i bought myself the game of the year edition and since i had the map pack i shared it with my online close friends. (back then i didnt knew much about the system activation thing) so i maxed out on my current account. Later in some time i bought myself a $20 psn card  to buy the movie cloverfield in hd, I bought the movie and of coursed proceed to download it (movie downloads take forever). So while the movie is downloading thats when my ps3 decided to die on me, with a little luck i managed to deactivate my account (both in video and game) so i could use it in the next ps3 im buying. I bought the ps3 slim a year after and said to myself i wasted 20 bucks on a movie that i didnt even get to see. here is where injustice happened...

I went to download my movie wich i purchased fair and square, but the psn store appeared as if i needed to buy it again. I had my old account activated in both video and game and still it appeared as if i didnt purchased the movie. i went to my downloads list(wich its a long long download list btw) and found clover field and its always sunny in philadelphia episode. I proceed to download them and a system error ocurred as if i couldnt download them because they were purchased in my old system. I say that is not very fair at all, im still very loyal to sony despite that misunderstanding. but i tried to write to them what happened and asked if they could deactivate all of the other active accounts except for my main one that im using now, and i got no reply. I had to create a new account so i can game share with my girlfriend cuz in my current one im maxed out still to very old friends accounts that arent even active. 

I love game sharing with my girlfirend, but i hate having two different accounts to game share with her. We see each other every couple of days and love co-op games and even record our gaming sessions. But it bothers me that i cant download a movie that i purchased and wasted 20 dollars on and cant even see it on my main account .

To whoever took the time to read this I thank you and if you know why this happened or if it has a solution i thank you very much.
Happy trophy Hunting and Godspeed 

Att MIKE

Get your Portable ID!
Laugh & Grow FAT!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (309 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27920 posts

Re: $20 BUCKS OF INJUSTICE

Oct 6, 2012

There are two things you need to understand:

#1 Game-Sharing is not allowed, period.

#2 Movie downloads are a one-time only deal.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Gamesharing is allowed to one other console otherwise you wouldnt be able to do it 

but the movie thing is way unfair 

Get your Portable ID!
Laugh & Grow FAT!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (243 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27920 posts

Oct 7, 2012

SWITCH_00599 wrote:

Gamesharing is allowed to one other console otherwise you wouldnt be able to do it 

but the movie thing is way unfair 

Actually game-sharing is not allowed at all, the option to use a game on another PS3 is there for you to take your own games & play them at another location, not to give to a mate.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 9, 2012

technically both ps3's (mine and my girlfriends) are mine because i bought them the only thing we share is my other account.  i hope they can fix that in the future about the movies stuff cuz the one time deal is a rip off :/ 

Get your Portable ID!
Laugh & Grow FAT!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (210 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27920 posts

Oct 9, 2012

SWITCH_00599 wrote:

technically both ps3's (mine and my girlfriends) are mine because i bought them the only thing we share is my other account.  i hope they can fix that in the future about the movies stuff cuz the one time deal is a rip off :/ 

So long as both the PS3's have the master account on it both PS3's will be able to access the games, as for videos, yea they are on-time only download but it appears Sony will offer a one time good will gesture & allow a re-download of the movies if say a PS3 was to break.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (194 Views)
0 Likes